GERG SUTTON IS AWFUL

Javier

quote:Originally posted by wildguy27

You can call it a lie if you wish, but it is a link to an official article that suggest Hirschfeld was only slated to be a backup. Can you show anything that indicates Lars was ever called to be the starter?

Just because Rosenborg put it on their site, doesn't mean they aren't lying. But it fits into your agenda, so of course you can't use any critical thinking to find the truth.

The Preliminary Roster had both Lars and Josh Wagenaar as the called keepers.

http://canadian-soccer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12072&whichpage=1

But let's not pay attention to that, because it disproves your stupid conspiracy.

Cut and paste what you want to suit you, but that article foreshadows you losing the bet:

"The situation demanded that I stay. We just have two keepers, and I have responsibility for not leaving Rosenborg in shortage of keepers. It would have been affecting the team too much in such an important period," Hirschfeld told rosenborg.info.

He made his comeback for Canada in the 3-0 win over Bermuda in March, and was wanted for the squad for the Gold Cup in USA 6-24 June.

"The tournament is not being played on international dates. If we go to the next round, I don't just miss the Fredrikstad game, but that could be 4-5 matches. That's unacceptable - a lot to ask for one player," the Rosenborg goalie thinks.

The 28-year-old would probably just become back-up for Toronto keeper Greg Sutton anyway.

"That you should ask the coach. But that had no importance for my decision," Hirschfeld claims.

He hopes he does not close the door for future play for Canada under his former coach in Vancouver Whitecaps, Dale Mitchell.

"I don't know his intentions for me, but if I hadn't been missing games for Rosenborg, I would have gone," Lars Hirschfeld ends.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

Watch the replay, Hastings is in the air (the ball 2 meters from his head) when Sutton makes the call, too late for Hastings, it's a fraction of a second.

Then you are exaggerating the length of the shout in your earlier post, which then negates the earlier point you are trying to make that it could only have been one shout (as dubious a point it was considering we weren't there). You can't have it both ways. Bottom line is we don't know if there was an earlier shout, and even if there wasn't, that's only half the problem. I don't see the need to go over it again so I won't.

I agree that Onstad has looked better, but that is beside the issue as to who was at fault on that play considering Onstad was with Houston at the time.

quote:Originally posted by wildguy27

You can call it a lie if you wish, but it is a link to an official article that suggest Hirschfeld was only slated to be a backup. Can you show anything that indicates Lars was ever called to be the starter?

The official source clearly shows it doesn't know for sure.

PS: You're an idiot.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

Then you are exaggerating the length of the shout in your earlier post, which then negates the earlier point you are trying to make that it could only have been one shout (as dubious a point it was considering we weren't there). You can't have it both ways. Bottom line is we don't know if there was an earlier shout, and even if there wasn't, that's only half the problem. I don't see the need to go over it again so I won't.

I agree that Onstad has looked better, but that is beside the issue as to who was at fault on that play considering Onstad was with Houston at the time.

Again, watch it and listen to when he called it (and since it's clear you should be able to hear a previous call if one was made).

My last comment had nothing to do with the goal, it was just a general comment on Sutton and Onstad. So please don't make it sound like I'm stupid enough to argue like that.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

[Again, watch it and listen to when he called it (and since it's clear you should be able to hear a previous call if one was made).

My last comment had nothing to do with the goal, it was just a general comment on Sutton and Onstad. So please don't make it sound like I'm stupid enough to argue like that.

I could watch the play a thousand more times, it's not going to change my opinion. If I could go back in time & witness the game from the sidelines & hear a less audible shout, then it might, at least as far as Sutton's culpability is concerned.

My latter comment wasn't intended to make you sound stupid, sorry if you feel that way. It just sounded to much to me like you were adding un-necessary fuel to the "Sutton is crap" fire.

I've never said he was crap. In fact the game against Guadeloupe is the first time I've seen Sutton having a bad game for Canada (and maybe the concussion didn't help). But if he was OK, I have to question his decision making on 2 plays (the 2 I've identified earlier) where he looked suspect.

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

Cut and paste what you want to suit you, but that article foreshadows you losing the bet:

"The situation demanded that I stay. We just have two keepers, and I have responsibility for not leaving Rosenborg in shortage of keepers. It would have been affecting the team too much in such an important period," Hirschfeld told rosenborg.info.

He made his comeback for Canada in the 3-0 win over Bermuda in March, and was wanted for the squad for the Gold Cup in USA 6-24 June.

"The tournament is not being played on international dates. If we go to the next round, I don't just miss the Fredrikstad game, but that could be 4-5 matches. That's unacceptable - a lot to ask for one player," the Rosenborg goalie thinks.

The 28-year-old would probably just become back-up for Toronto keeper Greg Sutton anyway.

"That you should ask the coach. But that had no importance for my decision," Hirschfeld claims.

He hopes he does not close the door for future play for Canada under his former coach in Vancouver Whitecaps, Dale Mitchell.

"I don't know his intentions for me, but if I hadn't been missing games for Rosenborg, I would have gone," Lars Hirschfeld ends.

It doesnt foreshadow anything except that they dont want him to start for them unless Sutton is not available, and seeing as Sutton made himself available during a tough stretch for his team, it certainly does not foreshadow me losing any bet. It then ends by implying his future with Canadian Soccer could be in question for his unwillingness to miss lots of time to just to sit on the bench and watch Sutton play.

Archived