Why do we want instant success

The funny thing about Toronto FC is that people are uspet cause they

are not winning. what did you expect people,it's an expansion franchise and like most other sport expansion franchise usually

suffer quite a bit during their first season and TFC is no different.

TO soccer fans went a bit crazy predicting a playoff spot for this team, thats uncalled for. Mo need's a least 2-3 seasons to build this squad and the fans must realize this, nobody likes losing

but thats the facts of life for expansion. Lets get behind Mo and the team, the need true fans not like the sod on one of the TFC supporters sites that was mad that he bought seasons tickets already, when we havn't had a home match yet....TFC Rules!!!

I agree that expectations may have been unrealistically high but having watched both games so far I sure expected better than what we're getting. Players not fit, showing poor individual skills and apparent lack of enthusiasm. This is just not a good enough effort from fulltime professional athletes. Mo has a LOT of work to do to get this team even halfway competitive.

What Richard wrote.

Especially the lack of enthusiasm part. A lot can be forgiven and tolerated (for a time) so long as the guts are there.

Missed the match Saturday but from what I've read the performance pretty much echoes the Chivas match. At least in the areas which people seemed to have dislike.

"I find your lack of faith, disturbing"

I mean really guys, two bad games on the road, one against the second best team in the east, and people are saying the season is over.

Ronnie O'Brien comes back in a month (?), MoJo gets a new brain, and Toronto FC make the playoffs! Come on guys, let us have faith. That is what fans are for![^]

I hope so. I can live with teams losing due to lack of skill but putting the effort in and playing the game properly. Against Chivas, even though the game was 2-0, I think Chivas did way more running and Toronto FC did not even look like a team. Organization, the system, the team play was very poor by TFC.

I hope that TFC has success beyond what anyone can imagine. That being said, I also think that over the next 3 years that TFC have a competitive and barring that a hard working team. TFC has sold a lot season's tickets on the novelty or new team on the block approach. The only way to maintain the base is to put an entertaining product on the field. It's way too early to judge this year or even next. But the sports/entertainment audience is very fickle. I don't think anyone expects a winner in the first few years. But first impressions are important. It is so very important that TFC show a hard work, blue collar if you like, effort put forth to prove to those who have invested in tickets and to atrack new ticket buyers that effort will be 110%. Again it's way too early to judge. The hardcore shouldn't turn to quick.

quote:Originally posted by argh1

I hope that TFC has success beyond what anyone can imagine. That being said, I also think that over the next 3 years that TFC have a competitive and barring that a hard working team. TFC has sold a lot season's tickets on the novelty or new team on the block approach. The only way to maintain the base is to put an entertaining product on the field. It's way too early to judge this year or even next. But the sports/entertainment audience is very fickle. I don't think anyone expects a winner in the first few years. But first impressions are important. It is so very important that TFC show a hard work, blue collar if you like, effort put forth to prove to those who have invested in tickets and to atrack new ticket buyers that effort will be 110%. Again it's way too early to judge. The hardcore shouldn't turn to quick.

Yeah. And lets hope MLS does their part and reformats things so that the regular season actually means something.

quote:Originally posted by amacpher

Yeah. And lets hope MLS does their part and reformats things so that the regular season actually means something.

another team (San Jose) would help. their system is good better then the NHL's anyways. The top overall team gets the supporters shield and the MLS champion (playoffs)_ gets the MLS cup, both go into the concacaf champions tournament.

Archived