Julian Deguzman to Watford??

nolando

I've not heard a rumour about Watford but I have read that he's supposedly been offered a deal by Charlton Athletic and he's keen to move to England. With the transfer window reopening in 3 weeks or so, I'm sure this will be confirmed very shortly.

Thank Gawd. Charlton I could live with but Watford? If he'd take on Watford it would just show you how desperate The Guz is to get playing time in.

Not sure if England is right for Julian. If he's got teammates who can link and move with he'll be okay. But that ain't Watford. Otherwise it could be a tough tour.

charlton would be a good move - but only if they can do something positive the rest of december on the back of the late late winner against blackburn as motivation. they must be in 18th or 17th at end of december to have hope of staying up most likely. they have the squad, but do they have the coach.

de guzman would not save them from relegation as he isn't a goal scorer, nor necessarily a playmaker.

A good defensive midfielder wouldn't hurt Charlton's chances to avoid relegation, though. They're bleeding goals. They've scored more goals than Watford, West Ham or Sheffield. Three or four less goals against and they'd be somewhere around Boro in the table.

How much would de Guzman cost? Unless Charlton sell Darren Bent, they're going to be pretty strapped for cash.

Guest Can. in UK
quote:Originally posted by marvin mellobell

A good defensive midfielder wouldn't hurt Charlton's chances to avoid relegation, though. They're bleeding goals. They've scored more goals than Watford, West Ham or Sheffield. Three or four less goals against and they'd be somewhere around Boro in the table.

How much would de Guzman cost? Unless Charlton sell Darren Bent, they're going to be pretty strapped for cash.

I suspect it would be an initial loan deal - with the view of making it permanent in the summer (if all goes well).

De Guzman still has quite a few years left on his current contract, so he wouldn't come too cheap.

Personally I would like to see it happen, as they are my local team!:D

quote:Originally posted by marvin mellobell

With the new television deal ($$$) coming up the board might be willing to spend a bit of the summer 07 transfer money now as it would be better to spend money now instead of not having money to spend later. Although it would be good to have a Canadian lad playing for my favorite club I think we need a bonafide playmaking midfielder, kind of like Canada's national squad...

Archived