Candidates For Manager/TD

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Kevin in NS

Would 500 K be close to MNT Salary for Canada .... for the Coach not the whole team ;) ?

Half that for the coach I think. If you are combining with technical director it would be more. But never as high as half a million.

You have to find someone who wants to use Canada as a place to grow, gain in profile, work himself into coaching gradually. Or a senior and professional type who is from a minor country but has a proven record. Frankly, as things stand, and with our chronic underachieving against Central American sides, someone with knowledge of the Concacaf rivals would be a big help. We do not have time to teach a guy what it means to play Guatemala or Honduras away, a bit subtle I'd say. Much better someone who has a clear idea of what it takes to beat such sides.

So I guess I am calling on an English speaking coach from Mexico or even Argentina, someone with half an idea about what we are up against.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Half that for the coach I think. If you are combining with technical director it would be more. But never as high as half a million.

You have to find someone who wants to use Canada as a place to grow, gain in profile, work himself into coaching gradually. Or a senior and professional type who is from a minor country but has a proven record. Frankly, as things stand, and with our chronic underachieving against Central American sides, someone with knowledge of the Concacaf rivals would be a big help. We do not have time to teach a guy what it means to play Guatemala or Honduras away, a bit subtle I'd say. Much better someone who has a clear idea of what it takes to beat such sides.

So I guess I am calling on an English speaking coach from Mexico or even Argentina, someone with half an idea about what we are up against.

contracted for a set time frame (5 yrs etc) or year by year not that it seems tio matter these days.....

Ricardo Lavolpe will be available right away after steering Boca Juniors from a (almost) guaranteed title to now having to meet Estudiantes for a play-off.

Club coaching aside, I was impressed with how he handled the Mexican team through qualifying and almost beating Argentina at their peak.

Archived