Canadians abroad: November 10-16, 2006

DJT

quote:Originally posted by Bertuzzi44

What an F*%king joke! [xx(] This guy was prominent with our U20 side, and even SCORED FOR US AT THE U20 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!! FIFA's so called "second largest/important world football competition"!!

Whoops he got good. bye Canada thx for the memories (and exposure).

A-hole :(

They should include a rule that blocks changing nations after playing in a FIFA tournament at U20 (ie not U17).

quote:Originally posted by Jamit

...does anyone know how I can find out if Daniel Imhof plays for VFL Bochum on Friday? Any good sites I should know about?

For Bundesliga updates, it's pretty hard to beat Kicker Magazine's website and Ed's "Canuck in Germany" threads (where he routinely updates Daniel's gameday status).

Thanks for the plug Dave. But you know it's CanuckS in Germany as we have more than one now. And, as posted today, Imhof is injured.

Mr Jamit, I would suggest you find somebody with a small knowledge of German language as you pretty much made Gerry and company look positively Aryan as you mangled the Bundesliga names in your Podcast. Actually, while you're at it, you might want to do the same with the English language placenames (It's Lesster, and InverNESS not INverness). Gotta like your enthusiasm though!!!

quote:Originally posted by Jamit

Yeah I know Ed. I am really sorry about that and trying hard to fix it. Is there any sites that could help me with German names?

Thy Guys on FSW Canada are pretty good with pronunciation of team and player names. Though their coverage of Canadian content is pretty much nonexistent.

Archived