How I learned to stop hating.

canso

Just dissolve the whole program and we can take pride in our guys accomplishments with other countries. I am ready to confess I felt a secret twinge of pride when OH put away the penalty for England on Canada Day. With all the coming defections, why fight the trend any longer? There. I said it. I'm out. I no longer hate Owen Hargreaves.

Now let's encourage the rest of the young talent to save themselves from a lifetime of frustration and obscurity while they still can.

I want to cheer on Jono and DeJong for the Dutch in 2010! Could David Edgar make the Irish squad in time for the next World Cup? Wouldn't it be better to see Begovic backstopping Bosnia than backsliding in Belize? Would Will Johnson making the USA squad ahead of Freddy not be a triumph to take pride in? Does Ryan Gyaki have the wheels to run the Hungarian midfield? Go for it pal, do us all a favour.

While we're at it, forget there ever was a Team Canada. Strike it from the record books (who would notice?) and declare amnesty for all these poor buggers cramped into Transatlantic flights to Tlaxicalpa.

Wouldn't it be great to see DeRo leading out Guyana in their first Gold Cup match? Let Olivier Occean take a run at the Haitian scoring title while he's still young. Attiba would make T&T ready contenders and Jamaica would be deadly with JP on the wing. Every Scotsman's heart would swell two sizes too big to see wee Iain Hume running his legs off for the St.Andrew's cross. Even Big Kev might make the squad!

It's the only way to stop the hurt. Just let them all go.

Serenity now.

quote:Originally posted by Jamit

If you are not a supporter of TEAM Canada, why are you here?

He's sarcastic, Jamit. Good one canso. Kinda like the Susan Powter's

"stop the insanity" bit. :D

I was happy about OH, too ... when he got injured. Sorry bud.

Wow, Canso, it's too bad you feel that way. Fans of Canadian footy are already few and far between.

Me? I love watching anyone that's proud to pull on the red and white despite</u> all our national association's problems. I have a blast cheering my heart out at live games and yelling at the TV at three in the morning while watching a tape delay. I enjoy going as far as I can to attend games and show my support (I've already booked time off to fly to Edmonton for July). I love educating the plebians that Canada indeed does have a team and we do have some exceptional talents. I love being the eternal optimist and actually thinking that things are turning around.

However, you are free to choose and when Canada plays your team of choice, drop by the Canadian supporters section and say "Hi!" You never know, I may even buy you a beer.

For those that want to go to greener pastures (fans and players alike), I wish them well. I will however remain with my country of birth. What's the fun in cheering for a favourite anyways?

Guest speedmonk42

I have to say, I have to some degree gotten my moneys worth out of OH playing for England.

Taking the piss out of English people has never been easier, and they never really have a response.

While we're at it I've decided to petition for Canada to officially stop calling itself a country. Afterall with such a short history and no real national identity (compared to cool places my grandparents came from like Europe) why not just accept Canada is a "place" and shouldn't have a national team. Screw this colony, I'm going home!

Archived