U-sector meeting,

SeanKeay

Come one, come all

Sunday, September 24th @ 2:00 At the U-sector official pre-game/meeting pub

The Wheatsheaf... Located at the Corner of King and Bathurst

Please Please Come to this as we will be discussing our group ticket sales. We need to get organized so we can be ready for the big ticket sale day.

We welcome anyone to come and enjoy a day of chatting about TFC and The canadian national team....

See you there

wow not one reaction.I was informed that both Nicole and Bruno are being elected into the USL hall Of Fame as builders. This is well deserved, since they kept soccer alive on the pro evel in Toronto and hey who is this guy Stalteri and others again.Ok the Toronto lynx have done a great jhob for soccer and if they had not alianated the Toronto media well things amy have been different. sunday at 5 I believe.

U-Sector got a mention on The Soccer Show last night.

http://www.fan590.com/features/hotaudio.jsp (Click on Part 3 of The Soccer Show and host Nigel Reed mentions the group in the first minute of that segment)

I'm quite impressed with The Soccer Show overall, actually. Instead of going the easy route and simply covering European soccer, the show has strived to put a real Canadian slant on its coverage, having people such as TFC coach Mo Johnston and Lynx coach Duncan Wilde on the show, as well coverage of the C(P)SL and Canadian national teams.

quote:Originally posted by BalkanBoy

The Lynx are not a better team!

Until the White Eagles can prove otherwise, the Lynx are a better team.

I'm no cheerleader for the Lynx, but the CSL has traditionally been a feeder league for the Lynx, so while SWE may be the best team of that feeder league, they are still a notch below.

Plus, there's a reason why the Lynx are playing in the Open Cup final while the White Eagles are not.

quote:Originally posted by john tv

Those that support the Lynx are the real soccer fans and supporters.Those that go to the other game have no Canadian sympathy or alliance so take your pick.

Way to oversimplify it, John. [8)]

Are you suggesting that those of us who do not go to the Lynx game in North York are not true Canadian soccer supporters?

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

Until the White Eagles can prove otherwise, the Lynx are a better team.

I'm no cheerleader for the Lynx, but the CSL has traditionally been a feeder league for the Lynx, so while SWE may be the best team of that feeder league, they are still a notch below.

Plus, there's a reason why the Lynx are playing in the Open Cup final while the White Eagles are not.

Result of the Friday July 14, 2006 Open Canada Cup 2nd round game between Serbian White Eagles of the CSL and Toronto Lynx of the USL played at Centennial Stadium in Etobicoke at 7:30pm.

23 min…White Eagles Nikola Budalic GOAL…WE player Sasa Viciknez wisely holds off running for a through ball because he was definitely offside. When the Lynx defenders seem to freeze, Budalic runs through to take ball and chip charging goalie Richard Goddard from 22 yards into center of net.

61 min…White Eagles Bozo Milic GOAL…WE Sasa Viciknez pushes pass through Lynx defenders in box and Milic beats offside trap. Milic rounds goalie on right and his sharp angle shot is into left corner of net. Milic then earns a YELLOW card for pulling off his shirt and leaving it in the Lynx box as he ran along the track to wave to the fans and hug players on their bench 50 yards away.

66 min…Lynx Jamie Dodds GOAL…Lynx get away on a 3 on 1 break and a player crosses in from the right that finds Dodds alone and his 10 yard shot from the left hits the underside of the bar and deflects down and bounces into net behind right post. (The deflection was similar to the Zinedine Zidane World Cup final goal but it ended up well behind the line).

88 min…WE Milan Janosevic trips up Lynx Ryan Anstey inside the WE box and referee Joe Fletcher has no delay in calling a Penalty kick.

88 min…Lynx Jamie Dodds GOAL…Dodds Penalty kick is into the left side of net with the goalie Dusan Belic moving away from the ball.

Regular time score…2-2.

Two 15 minute Silver goal periods were played with neither team scoring.

Penalty Kicks:

1. Lynx Jamie Dodds SCORES…Dodds perfect shot to left side of net as goalie crumples to right.

1. WE Nikola Budalic SCORES…Budalic low shot to left as goalie moves right.

2. Lynx Damien Pottinger blocked…Pottinger takes low weak shot to right and goalie Dusan Belic dives to right and stops.

2. WE Sinisa Ninkovic SCORES…Ninkovic shot to right side high leaving no chance for save.

3. Lynx Kevin Jeffrey SCORES…Jeffrey low roller to right as goalie slides left.

3. WE Bozo Milic SCORES…Milic shot to right corner of net as goalie Richard Goddard flies right but just out of his reach.

4. Lynx Cameron Medwin SCORES…Medwin’s shot is under bar to center of net over goalie.

4. WE Gabriel Pop misses…Pop blasts shot a good 3 yards wide left of the post as the goalie dives left.

5. Lynx Edgar Bartolomeu misses…Bartolomeu blasts his shot well over the net.

5. WE Sasa Viciknez misses…Viciknez blasts his shot off the crossbar and ball stays out.

6. Lynx Jeremy Sheppard SCORES…Sheppard shoots over crumpling goalie into left center of net.

6. WE Mario Ostojic misses…Ostojic blasts his shot off the crossbar and ball stays out.

Attendance was announced as 1511 and seemed legit as the stands were mostly full. The White Eagles were the hosts and it was a very pro White Eagles crowd. There were some Lynx fans with a few air horns used after the Lynx goals and penalty kick win. The Serb Ultras sang the whole game. They didn’t like the calls of referee Joe Fletcher and booed the Lynx forward Matthew Palleschi until he was subbed by Ryan Anstey at 62 minutes. Palleschi had drawn some free kicks when he was roughed up repeatedly by White Eagle defenders.

There was a police presence of two officers at the game and they took their places on the track. There was only some trouble at then end of the 1st overtime and the referee directed them over to some disturbance. Some White Eagles players came over to the stands to plead for the fans to keep calm. The PA announcer was also told to announce that they risk the game result being thrown out. I missed the incident but I’d guess it was something like a water bottle being thrown from the stands.

The White Eagles could have scored many times in regulation and put this game out of reach. Gabriel Pop and Sasa Viciknez had the most chances and played until they were exhausted. It looked like they had nothing left for the Penalty kicks and both missed on one last burst of adrenalin.

White Eagles did better by sending in long passes and getting their speedy forwards behind the Lynx defenders. They weren’t always called offside so it was worth repeatedly trying.

The Lynx left their usual starting forwards Kevin Jeffrey and Damien Pottinger on the bench at the start of the game as well as USL all-star Jamie Dodds but the three of them were brought in later and influenced the game. New Lynx players or trialists Edgar Bartolomeu (who has played on the Lynx in prior years) was a starting midfielder and Aaron Steele (who has also played on the Lynx two years ago) was a starting defender. Both played the entire game.

Lynx now advance to the quarterfinals. The CSL now has a problem because they have only four of the eight teams left as three of their teams were upset by amateur teams in this round. I expect they won’t want to pair the Lynx up against one of those amateur teams because of the expected poor attendance. Probably Lynx on the road in Windsor or London would be the dream draw.

Rocket Robin

robing@eol.ca

Well White Eagles lost the game and they were not beaten, as Rocket Robin has outlines in the above. I wouldnt miss the Serbian/Croatian match on Sunday if you paid me.

If it would have been a Dutch team I may have reacted the same way.The interesting part is that I contacted Drew Kallas who is the Lynx supporters club presiident and he does not know who he Lynx are playing, he guessed Ottawa.Anybody knows what the he,,,,l is going on this sunday at 5 at the Esther Shiner stadium?

PS relax I won't be at the meeting, she is gorgeous and so young,sorry guys.

quote:Originally posted by john tv

What happened at the meeting?

Paul Beirne was there, along with an MLSE marketing rep. They discussed the supporters section and various other issues with the U-Sector guys in attendance.

I am glad to see the high profile interest by the TFC team. Paul is one of the very big boys and knowing things from the past this is great for the future.How many guys showed up. I was in the tennis finals in Pickering and they lasted till 4.00

I still wish that these things could be put together in a report to the V.

Archived