Paul Stalteri: Q&A

Timotas

Hey guys,

I've contacted Paul Stalteri and I was going to do a little Q&A with him over eMail. I was going to focus on his new home at Tottenham and his thoughts and experiences with the National team.

Does anyone have any specific questions that they want to ask Paul that I can throw into my little interview thing?

Thanks

Guest Jeffery S.

Ask him why he has opted out for most of the Canadian national team dates over 2005. Does he not think that as a senior member he has a role beyond just playing for us, namely setting an example and helping Frank consolidate a new block of players?

I hate to be hard on someone like him, but his absenses are a bit disconcerting.

Of course, he's going to say that he's content to stay there forever, but maybe you could try and get it out of him:

Now that you have proven yourself to be Premiership material, do you see Tottenham as another step in your development, perhaps a bridge to Serie A or even a real Champion's League contender?

Hey guys,

So far I've added questions from nolando, Jeffrey, and Ian.

Now that I have finished my first semester final exams, I'll be sending these questions to Paul. I'm a little surprised no one has anymore questions. The deadline will be tomorrow by 7pm to ask Paul Stalteri a question.

A question from me for instance was,

What is the main difference between the game in Bundesliga and the game in the Premiership? Which do you think suites your style best?

Thanks guys.. remember deadline is at 7pm to ask Paul a question!

Timothy

EDIT*: Jarrek, would you like to put this interview on the mainpage?

Perhaps you could ask Paul about the 2004 disappointment, and whether he sees himself starting for Canada in next WCQ, given that he will be 30 or 31 when qualifying starts. I personally hope he is there, but it would be understandable if he is disillusioned after the crap that happened last time.

Is he surprised to have almost immediately won the starting right 'back spot, especially after missing much of 'Spurs pre-season, and having held on to it so far? To the point where he's now in a possition that he'd have to be displaced by injury or some very, very strong play performances.

Has he seen much media attention from Canada so far?

Is there anything like the London derbys in Germany? And if not did it take very long to appreciate the intensity of these matchs?

Has Jol told him yet that he doesn't have to make a touchline run on every single forward movement by 'Spurs?

Playing in Europe next year? Looking good so far.

Oh, I could go on but just one last one.

How do you like changing those nappies?

P.S. OOP. Maybe just one more last bit. Mention we're all very, very proud of him. Personaly I didn't think he'd do as well as he has although my expections where pretty high. But to come to England, win a starting spot and contribute solidly to a Europe bound team, that is something. It was always going to be hard to follow up Bremen's success so good on him. Keep it up.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

P.S. OOP. Maybe just one more last bit. Mention we're all very, very proud of him. Personaly I didn't think he'd do as well as he has although my expections where pretty high. But to come to England, win a starting spot and contribute solidly to a Europe bound team, that is something. It was always going to be hard to follow up Bremen's success so good on him. Keep it up.

He's certainly come a long way from that horrible showing at the Gold Cup in 2000 where many people questioned whether he was worthy enough of a place on the MNT. (Me included) Not only has he excelled in his club sides, he has definitely cemented his spot in the National Team.

quote:Originally posted by gwallace76

He's certainly come a long way from that horrible showing at the Gold Cup in 2000 where many people questioned whether he was worthy enough of a place on the MNT. (Me included)

I know exactly what you mean. We used to call him "Larry" remember?

But his play improved A LOT; I recall his play against Panama in

Winnipeg --- boy, did he ever work tirelessly. And Bremen had him

playing all positions (except goal), even scored as a striker.

Ask him if he is set on playing right back at the MNT level, or

does he miss playing midfield?

Ok guys I've chosen a couple questions, the eMail has been sent. For some of the questions being asked from some of you, I already had them written does as question (or had a very similar question) or I just tied them into an already existing question.

I don't know how long it'll take Paul. I tried not to make it TOO long, considering the holidays are approaching.

Thanks,

Timothy

Archived