Oct. 31st, Trick or Treat, the ultimate countdown.

Robert

With the latest, "of the I've lost track of how many stadium deadlines have we've had now," deadline now only two weeks away, who is going to make the big decision? Kevan Pipe? No way, Jose. This dude can't even decide on a national logo. MLSE? Hardly, based on their disclosed financial commitment. Toronto City Council? Maybe, but I don't think so. The Feds. Unlikely. They have put the most on the table, and probably feel a sense of relief at the way things have unfolded thus far. Offering $30M, and it might not get used. Only in a Kevan Pipe led world is anything like that senario possible. If this deal doesn't get done, I'll nominate Kevan for the international idiot of the year award. (I can hear my fan club applauding already[B)]) That leaves the MLS. How is that possible Kevan? Letting a bunch of Yank me offs decide the future of a soccer stadium getting built in Toronto and if that city gets to host any WYC matches. How do you continually set yourself up like that time again? Just think about this before you start to respond and call me all sorts of things that are really nothing more than a reflection of what your mother conceived. That's right Kevan, you have left the stadium ball in Judge Gerber's court. Bravo.

Do you think it may be possible that the other jerk jerkins or Perkins may have done some serious damaga.Time is more than the essense.Who is putting in the proposal and when is there going to be a vote.It all stinks to high heaven.Were there is a will there is a way.Sofar there have been very few wills and some questionable serious ways. I hope the other jerk,perkins does not get his wish.Don't underestimate the power of the media guys.I do not agree with Robert and his rantings about my buddy Kevan.He sure has tried and still is,but this yo yo thing is becoming a joke and maybe some councelor may vote for the garbage.As I have said I hope I am dead wrong,but there is so much at stake. If it comes to the politicians,we must contact our guy at his office and make your views known,hoping you want that stadium.

quote:Originally posted by Robert

Letting a bunch of Yank me offs decide the future of a soccer stadium getting built in Toronto and if that city gets to host any WYC matches.

Care to explain exactly how they are deciding whether the stadium gets built or if the city gets to host any WYC matches?

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

Care to explain exactly how they are deciding whether the stadium gets built or if the city gets to host any WYC matches?

By publicly imposing the condition of an October 31 deadline or the MLS deal is off the table, is a typically and arrogant American way of doing business. This same tactic failed earlier this year when San Antonio was subjected to a similar deadline by the MLS when it came to getting a soccer specific stadium financed and built in that city. Do you really think that a SSS will get built in Toronto without an MLS franchise? Thus, no MLS team in Toronto = no stadium in Toronto = no WYC matches in Toronto. In other words, Torontonians had better get on their knees quickly and satisfy that nice Mr. Gerber [xx(] over the course of the next two weeks, or else start making arrangements to attend WYC matches in other Canadian cities.

By publicly imposing the condition of an October 31 deadline or the MLS deal is off the table, is a typically and arrogant American way of doing business. This same tactic failed earlier this year when San Antonio was subjected to a similar deadline by the MLS when it came to getting a soccer specific stadium financed and built in that city. Do you really think that a SSS will get built in Toronto without an MLS franchise? Thus, no MLS team in Toronto = no stadium in Toronto = no WYC matches in Toronto. In other words, Torontonians had better get on their knees quickly and satisfy that nice Mr. Gerber [xx(] over the course of the next two weeks, or else start making arrangements to attend WYC matches in other Canadian cities.

Have you been following this saga at all Robert? Stadiums fell through at Varsity and York then we had a stadium proposal at downsview up to 3 weeks ago. How many years is MLS supposed to wait for Canada to gets its Toronto stadium act together? Maybe you need to look at it from another perspective - we've been dithering and stringing MLS along for 2 years. How does that grab-ya?. During the Media call session Don Garber he made it clear that the MLS board needs to decide on candidate cities by NOVEMBER 12. The next meeting is not until next March, which will be too late. So its now or never. What do you want, a November 11 deadline?

I am really wondering what the next steps should be. I am surprised that no one supported my suggestion to contact their local Toronto politician. if you guys are so involved in this stadium thing why not do something about it. This would be a very positive way to get it of your mammout chest and irritants. Let's do something positive outside of ranting and raving. I must admit that I never stop promoting soccer werever I go and this also includes my various media contacts.So my children pick up that phone and phone that guy.Explain that you believe in the game and that it will bring in many visitors from all over the world. It will mean the furter promotion of Canada and Tornoto in the US and that with this stadium we may even get the wotldchampionship in women soccer.It is a win win thing never mind our young Canadian soccer players that not all have to go to another country.I know it may be futile to call for this actions, but take it from me it will help these contacts and calls.

quote:Originally posted by RealGooner

Have you been following this saga at all Robert? Stadiums fell through at Varsity and York then we had a stadium proposal at downsview up to 3 weeks ago. How many years is MLS supposed to wait for Canada to gets its Toronto stadium act together? Maybe you need to look at it from another perspective - we've been dithering and stringing MLS along for 2 years. How does that grab-ya?. During the Media call session Don Garber he made it clear that the MLS board needs to decide on candidate cities by NOVEMBER 12. The next meeting is not until next March, which will be too late. So its now or never. What do you want, a November 11 deadline?

Yes Gooner, I have been following the "saga," and have every now and then added my two bits worth to the discussions. I agree that over the course of the last year many sites for the stadium have been looked at. One by one, they have fallen by the wayside. Yet everytime that happens a new interested party surfaces, and Kevan Pipe and the CSA announce that the new site these outside parties choose is the ideal one that the CSA have really always been after. Of course, according to a few CSA loyalists on this board, it has never been Kevan's fault that one by one, these intersted parties have packed up and left. They claim Kevan is such a hard worker. Well, in my F-ing humble opinion, an E for effort doesn't cut it when your the Chief Operating Officer of the Canadian Soccer Association. Kevan has been unable to publicly announce up front which site the CSA deems best suited for this stadium. He is constantly trying to people please who ever is waiving a few dollars at the time, agreeing to any site these non soccer people feel they would like the stadium to be built on. Kevan has also repeatedly during this "saga" demonstrated that he is unable to even set a deadline for an announcement and keep it. Yes your right, the MLS has a business to run and they can't wait around forever just for Kevan to get this deal done. All the levels of government have committed taxpayer money to this project, yet the CSA has been unable to get anyone else to committing to making up the difference between those funds and the total cost of the stadium. MLSE is playing the cheapskate role, waiting to see if anyone else will kick in more money. How pathetic. Time is just about up MLSE. You want to get in the pro soccer business in Toronto, but your not really that committed are you, or else the MLS's seal of approval would be a sure thing and we could get started with the construction. Why would the MLS want to get involved with MLSE based on their track record in this saga? It is not Gerber who should be putting the screws to Canada, but Kevan Pipe putting the screws to MLSE, saying look do you guys want to play or want? This is where were going to build a stadium for you with government funds now cough up the rest, or go build a stadium on your own! However this is all way beyond Kevan Pipe's very limited capacities, as I have continually and publicly stated on these boards for such a long time. Unfortunately, it will cost Canada and Toronto a great deal before others to see that I'm not as some rant.

quote:It is not Gerber who should be putting the screws to Canada, but Kevan Pipe putting the screws to MLSE, saying look do you guys want to play or want?

Except that CSA wants the stadium and franchise more than MLSE. MLS is not central to the Leafs plans, so if you try to strong arm them they can just walk away. So Mr Pipe can't put any screws to the Leafs and thats reality

Except that CSA wants the stadium and franchise more than MLSE. MLS is not central to the Leafs plans, so if you try to strong arm them they can just walk away. So Mr Pipe can't put any screws to the Leafs and thats reality

It seems that all the parties who matter have walked away from Kevan shortly after talking with him. Nobody wants to do business with him. Why do you suppose that is? Maybe Mr. Silver would you like to answer that question.

It seems that all the parties who matter have walked away from Kevan shortly after talking with him. Nobody wants to do business with him. Why do you suppose that is? Maybe Mr. Silver would you like to answer that question.

That doesn't change the fact that you accused Garber of arrogance in issuing a deadline, and now have switched back to bashing Kevan Pipe in the face of facts. So who are you really out to bash here? Everyone? Doyou just throw alot of mud at everyone and see who it sticks too? lol

That doesn't change the fact that you accused Garber of arrogance in issuing a deadline, and now have switched back to bashing Kevan Pipe in the face of facts. So who are you really out to bash here? Everyone? Doyou just throw alot of mud at everyone and see who it sticks too? lol

My opinion that he is an arrogant prick hasn't changed, and I have never relented in nailing Kevan when he deserves to be nailed. I can understand the perspective the MLS has, I just find my loyalties are on the Canadian side of the bargaining table and I can't agree with most of the crap that comes from the Yanks in this deal, where as Kevan's loyalty depends on which direction the wind is blowing in from. We'll just have to wait and see how Canadian friendly a Toronto MLS team will be? smda

Robert,Robert,Robert,here we are on the verge of something magnificent in Canadian soccer history and you are ranting and raving, not making any sense and besides that these are vicious personal attacks that are totally uncalled for.

Let us look at the facts,

we will have a great soccer stadium

we will have backers that are the ultimate wish with the ultimate sports power in Canada and media contacts.

we will have the 2007 Championships

we will have the MLS

we wil have many more International games at this stadium,

we will have a showpiece for our young Canadian players

and yes the guy that pulled it of is Kevan Pipe.

Now something in Dutch guys

Robert houd ermee op dit is een fantasties begin voor het Canadeeze voetbal en voor onze juigt.Ik denk dat je moet beseffen dat een een fout hebt gemaakt met mijn vriend Kevan en als ik jou was dan zou ik dit veranderen.Je schiet er niets mee op en jij ziet er niet goed uit.

Sorry guys

quote:Originally posted by john tv

Robert,Robert,Robert,here we are on the verge of something magnificent in Canadian soccer history and you are ranting and raving, not making any sense and besides that these are vicious personal attacks that are totally uncalled for.

Let us look at the facts,

we will have a great soccer stadium

we will have backers that are the ultimate wish with the ultimate sports power in Canada and media contacts.

we will have the 2007 Championships

we will have the MLS

we wil have many more International games at this stadium,

we will have a showpiece for our young Canadian players

and yes the guy that pulled it of is Kevan Pipe.

Now something in Dutch guys

Robert houd ermee op dit is een fantasties begin voor het Canadeeze voetbal en voor onze juigt.Ik denk dat je moet beseffen dat een een fout hebt gemaakt met mijn vriend Kevan en als ik jou was dan zou ik dit veranderen.Je schiet er niets mee op en jij ziet er niet goed uit.

Sorry guys

John, waarom als dingen goed gaan is Kevan er voor verantwoodelijk, en als het fout gaat heeft hij er niks mee te maken? Leg dat nou eens uit. Wat heeft hij hier nu eigenlijk uitgevoered? Niks,helemaal niks.

Archived