Are Hearts for real? [R]

argh1

• 2 weeks later...

In the 13th game of the season Hearts lose their 1st 2-0 away to Hibs. Still lead the standings, but Celtic play Dundee Utd. to-day. Hibernian are solidly in third ahead of a struggling Rangers who only managed a 1-1 tie at home to Inverness.

Dundee Unite 2 - 4 Celtic

Celtic go top in the most exciting game I've seen this year. United gave it a real go - there were even a few Tangerines at the Celtic supporters club where I watched the game - but Celtic had just a bit more class. The game wasn't over until the final few minutes though when Pearson clinched it with a tap in at the far post. So far this year the SPL has been much more competative than the EPL... at least so far as the top is concerned.

Mike.

From The Scotsman

Foulkes and Anderton quit Hearts

LIAM PATERSON

Only a few days after manager George Burley sensationally quit Hearts, the news that both Chairman George Foulkes and Chief Executive Phil Anderton have also resigned may bring new disquiet to fans of the club, particularly after losing their unbeaten status following the 2-0 loss to Edinburgh rivals Hibs on Saturday.

The situation at Hearts seems even more clouded with doubt now that both Foulkes and Anderton have gone. The announcement that Vladimir Romanov’s son, Roman, will now take over as Chairman and Chief Executive seems to suggest that the club’s entire backroom operation might soon be replaced with those of Romanov’s choosing.

It is understood that Anderton was asked to leave his position and Foulkes later made his decision to resign in protest. Foulkes had been one of the staunchest supporters of Romanov’s actions up to that point. Speaking in support of Romanov’s plans to buy up all of Hearts club shares he had said: "I would argue that anyone in his position, who is planning to invest huge amounts of money in further player acquisitions…and the development of the ground, would want the comfort of being in control."

Only time will reveal how the revolution that has seen Hearts begin their season in such a dream-like fashion will end – and who will still be at the club to see it.

It's all going South for Hearts at the moment. Got to feel for the players!

as a supporter of one of the OF, I think it's a shame if Hearts don't recover from this...

it's been too long since it hasn't been a two horse race, and this year is refreshing...

now it's not so much as both Glasgow sides have gotten worse (although they have), but some of the opposition is getting better...

tis a shame if Hearts crash after this..

Growing pains.

Bit more dramatic than anyone would have liked to seen, especially so early into the campain but Geezus, not entirely surprising. Very, very bad timing. Wish them luck with a speedy recovery but I can't say as I can see anything positive from this in the short term, ie to say, this season.

Rangers remain a question mark, though. Something is seriously not right in that club house. Everyone knew ol' Gordo would need some time to get things rolling, but what's with Rangers?

Hibs have always been my favourite team in Scotland. My two scarves above the bar look a brighter brand of green after this weekend's derby.

Here's hoping they don't crash at Livingston this weekend.

I believe the top of the SPL will feature teams in green when it's all said and done.

Hearts appear to be self-distructing (love it) and Rangers are stumbling in the dark. Celtic and Hibs are the form teams right now. I'm hoping the game Dec. 10 at Celtic Park will be a top of the table clash.

• 1 month later...

And a new year starts off smartly:D

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=349476&CPID=14&clid=&lid=4163&title=Last-gasp

Got up way too late to see the match but this makes for a 2nd contest this year measured by the skin of your teeth. Hearts are certainly for real.

But real or no, they're 7 points back of The Hoops.

Rangers sit in 4th with Killi, match in hand, nipping at their heels.

There could be some real intense footballing after the split with so many clubs in contention for the last Champions League and UEFA qualifyer spot up for grabs.

With the January transfer window fast approaching there could be some big shuffling going on at Celtic Park with in form 'Spurs man Robbie Keane talk of the town. Jol has been playing Keane of late and put the word out in the press that he expects to hold on to the man no matter what Strachan says.

Saw this one myself- what a cracker of a game- sloppy tackles and officiating all around, but what passion and spirit and, yes, the Hearts played like a cross-town rival rather than a perennial also-ran. Got to wonder about the long-term impact of the whole Burley affair, though.

Archived