Are Hearts for real? [R]

argh1

After only 6 games they lead the SPL by 5 points with a goal differential of +15. Celtic, Kilmarnock, and Hibs follow with 13 points. Rangers so far at 5th on 10 points. Yes the season is still in the early stages.

Will the new Lithuanian owners bring Hearts to the promise land and break the Old Firm hold?

:)

Is this an example of the "herd instinct"?

Anywho. I think Hearts are going to be around for a while but I don't know if they'll finish higher than 3rd.

A very impressive defence, and now some scoring imports out at Tynecastle but it's a long, long, marathon the SPL season. Celtic are starting to settle down a bit and don't have to worry about Europe (unlike Rangers).

And it's not just the Old Firm. Hearts still have to deal with Killi, Motherwell, Aberdeen and Hibs. All clubs who took points out of the both Rangers and Celtic last season. And there's no rest for the wicked. Drop points to the also-rans and the noose gets tighter and tighter.

They'll be up there for a while yet. I predict a mid October drop into 2nd place. But they may just sit there for a while after that.

Nice to see though. Even before McKenna's arrival I had a soft spot for Hearts. A sympathy support really. They sucked big time for decades.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, yes,no, maybe, might, shouldn't........could......

Hearts are now on a winning run of 8 games after taking one from Rangers in Edinburgh. Celtic coming up in Glasgow on the 15th.

Wow if any league needs a change at the top it's SPL.

Too early to jump on the bandwagon, but I may start hitch-hiking.

EDIT: I shouldn't forget to add that Hearts did lose 1-0 away to Livingston in CIS Insurance Cup (League Cup) play. So they have tasted defeat this season.

Congrats to Hearts... and bad call by me thinking that Rangers looks better than Celtic. It could be the European play that hinders "gers." Im glad to see Hearts on the top of the table... really I wouldent mind if it was Clyde, just as long as it wasnt the big two Glasgow clubs.

quote:Originally posted by canso

Of all the perfect records still intact:

Juventus have won 5 of 5

Feyenoord 6 of 6

Chelsea 7 of 7

Hearts of Midlothian 8 of 8

The soap dodgers are well beatin, Old Firm is infirm.

Soap Dodgers! lmao :D

I hope that the Tims can recover, but it would be Good for the Game if

Hearts can do it. The Bears are suffering from the same 'Champions League Syndrome' that affected Liverpool last Season.

quote:Originally posted by nolando

How do you feel though, I wonder, when the minute you leave a club the squad rockets to the top of the leagu table?

Hope everyone wears name tags at the reunion because you wouldn't recognize half this squad?

Thinking Hearts underachieved a bit last year and a lot of that may have been related to the clubs off field dramatics. As to Big Kev, last season was a wash out. Niggling injuries and politics more than played their role in a very forgetable season.

To say the clubs considerable depts and predicted losses this year are less a concearn than in the very recent past would be an understatement. Financial stability returning to the club has certainly shown a very early positive return this year.

On the subject of financial stability Hearts chief rival, Hibernian posted a profit last season. The club is still carrying a pretty hefty dept but successful seasons have got Easter Road roaring again and gate revenues up. Good news all around.

Wow. An SPL thread which isn't all venom. Shocking.

The perfect record is finally broken after a 2-2 draw away to Falkirk, but the manner in which they got the point, an injury time equalizer from inspirational skipper Stephen "Elvis" Pressley after being two goals down, leads me to believe they are still for real.

The fact both Rangers and Celtic each scored five goals is a bit ominous though.

The perfect record is finally broken after a 2-2 draw away to Falkirk, but the manner in which they got the point, an injury time equalizer from inspirational skipper Stephen "Elvis" Pressley after being two goals down, leads me to believe they are still for real.

The fact both Rangers and Celtic each scored five goals is a bit ominous though.

Still undefeated tho ;)

SPL the race outside Old Firm is to finish 3rd isn't it [B)]

And Hearts were also a man down for most of the match and the entire comeback.

Archived