Anybody here see 'Team America'?

Desigol

quote:Originally posted by Metro

If you look at it as a parody on action film, it wasn't bad. But as political satire...no.

Yeah. I was focused on the poorly-executed message the first time, the dialogue and story the second time.

Yeah, not even 1/2 as funny as the South Park movie. Now THAT was pretty good satire, and damned funny. Aspects of "Team America" were certainly funny, but I mostly sat there wondering when Trey and Matt would get back to being funny again.

Yes, perhaps I need to watch this again, but with THC coursing the veins this time.

quote:Originally posted by The Beaver

Yeah, not even 1/2 as funny as the South Park movie. Now THAT was pretty good satire, and damned funny. Aspects of "Team America" were certainly funny, but I mostly sat there wondering when Trey and Matt would get back to being funny again.

Yes, perhaps I need to watch this again, but with THC coursing the veins this time.

I definitely agree with this review. I actually had to watch the South Park movie a second time to catch the bits I missed due to laughing so hard. Team America had it's moments but wasn't as solid as South Park.

I could go on and on about this movie, but I'll try to sum up quickly by saying I laughed a lot at this movie and there was some hillarious diologue and songs. It is also one of my least favourite movies of all time. Making Kim Jung-Il a sympathetic, human character and Samuel L Jackson a one-note bad guy? I'm not down with that. I tried to take it as just being funny, but as I left the theatre the more I thought about it, the more I couldn't shake the idea that there was some thought behind the satire in the film and those thoughts really, really annoyed me.

Still Jesus t*tty-****** Christ there's some good lines.

cheers,

matthew

I could go on and on about this movie, but I'll try to sum up quickly by saying I laughed a lot at this movie and there was some hillarious diologue and songs. It is also one of my least favourite movies of all time. Making Kim Jung-Il a sympathetic, human character and Samuel L Jackson a one-note bad guy? I'm not down with that. I tried to take it as just being funny, but as I left the theatre the more I thought about it, the more I couldn't shake the idea that there was some thought behind the satire in the film and those thoughts really, really annoyed me.

Still Jesus t*tty-****** Christ there's some good lines.

cheers,

matthew

• 2 weeks later...

Archived