teams better than Canada in concacaf

Joe Concacaf

Canada need to get as many teams possible into the Major League Soccer to give our younger players a chance to play at home and make a living at it.

Toronto is all but assured of a franchise which will sign a lot of the current side and time down the road will make it to the full national team side. Good luck to the U-20 side going to Holland for the world Youth Championships.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by canadiansoccerrules

Canada need to get as many teams possible into the Major League Soccer to give our younger players a chance to play at home and make a living at it.

Toronto is all but assured of a franchise which will sign a lot of the current side and time down the road will make it to the full national team side. Good luck to the U-20 side going to Holland for the world Youth Championships.

Why would a youth player go into MLS when they have a less restricted entry into Europe.

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

Despite all these circumstances, we STILL lost:(. Furthermore by a fairly decisive 3-1 scoreline. We couldn't hold them off after geting the early lead and/or we couldn't get the decisive goal to put them away. So yes, how can we argue that we belong in the top 4-5.

I don't put much stock in that loss to Costa Rica. We needed to win and, after Onstad's mistake, had to go all out to score. Costa Rica could lay back and scored on the counter-atttack.

That said, Canada has to rank below Costa Rica, but I don't see much difference between #4 and #10 in CONCACAF. Canada is in there somewhere, and if the refereeing doesn't go against us we can finish 4th.

Exactly. Its becomming apparant that getting players to Europe is only good to a point and for the program amounts to a patch-work solution. Another argument that one could make is that it looks like many of our players lose something by having to cross the atlantic to play in important games in North American

Well said...welcome to the site by the way, im just down the

Grand in Brantford. One friendly piece of advice don't critize Yallop

or the team what ever you do, these voyaguers don't take to kindly

to that.

quote:Well said...welcome to the site by the way, im just down the

Grand in Brantford. One friendly piece of advice don't critize Yallop

or the team what ever you do, these voyaguers don't take to kindly

to that.

Umm no, we just don't like trolls with agendas who have around 20 identities to further said agendas and are now appearing to have conversations with themselves. Same thing going on at BigSoccer. Either canadiansoccerules posts exactly like you (albeit nicer) or some whacky dude is trying to imitate you. Hmmmmmmm....

quote:Originally posted by Joe MacCarthy

Umm no, we just don't like trolls with agendas who have around 20 identities to further said agendas and are now appearing to have conversations with themselves. Same thing going on at BigSoccer. Either canadiansoccerules posts exactly like you (albeit nicer) or some whacky dude is trying to imitate you. Hmmmmmmm....

First off i never hid the fact i always picked usernames with Beast

in them so this canadiansoccer rules is new to me. But like i warned him don't voice any opinion that might tick people off, your not allowed to have you own opinion, you must agree with the majority,

other wise don't join, why this new name> Someone at voyaguers keeps

sabotaging my username and password so i have to reinvent the BEAST

somewhat, but never mind the Beast still lives.

quote:First off i never hid the fact i always picked usernames with Beast in them so this canadiansoccer rules is new to me. But like i warned him don't voice any opinion that might tick people off, your not allowed to have you own opinion, you must agree with the majority,

other wise don't join, why this new name> Someone at voyaguers keeps

sabotaging my username and password so i have to reinvent the BEAST

somewhat, but never mind the Beast still lives.

Someone's sabotaging your username and password - wow that's interesting. At Xtratime you said you couldn't remember your passwords.

quote:The reason i created new emails was i lost my passwords for the one usename,and started another one their was nothing to it other then that. i don't really write down username/passwords,which i do now.
You are such fun!! :)

Hey, like I said in an earlier post, when it comes to dudes like the Beast, every village has one--why should we be any different. (Mind you, we aren't a village at all, rather a loose affiliation of sad sacks who love their country and love their football and sort of wish that their two loves could come together and form some sort of quality soccer team some day soon--and forever and forever. Amen)

I think we should stop picking on the Beast. i've got real affection for him. (Or maybe I got an infection FROM him. Hard to say.) In the end, he's sort of sweet like a retard. (Must give credit to my little brother for that phrase.) ;)

I have no idea who this Beast fellow is but, since he lives nearby,

i will try and meet the guy. I agree with Beast or Johnny Canuck or

whatever other name he past under that our program is not at it's

peak right now,although i disagree with him that will will be a

power again in Concacaf in less then 10 years.

I have no idea who this Beast fellow is but, since he lives nearby,

i will try and meet the guy. I agree with Beast or Johnny Canuck or

whatever other name he past under that our program is not at it's

peak right now,although i disagree with him that will will be a

power again in Concacaf in less then 10 years.

quote:Originally posted by canso

have no idea who this Beast fellow is but, since he lives nearby,

i will try and meet the guy.

Nurse Ratchet, we'll need to up the dosage for this one.

Perhaps an oatmeal enema would do the trick? I'm all for alternative therapies...I'm sure the Beast would be delighted to receive one. Any volunteers? [xx(]

You don't necessarily need to be crazy to be a soccer fan in this country...but it seems to help!

Chicken and egg argument really...does supporting Canada's soccer teams lead to dementia or does Canada's soccer supporters tend to be drawn from a pool of sociopaths and schizos?

Of course, once you decide that everyone else is crazy and you're the only sane one, there's really no turning back!

I'll log on again after meds are handed out.

Actually i met the Beast in downdown Brantford yesterday, he sold me his Canadian national team jersey....

What a great fan of Canadian soccer, dumping his jersey for $5.00 to some dude he's never met before!! What jersey does he wear now, I wonder.

quote:Originally posted by canso

You don't necessarily need to be crazy to be a soccer fan in this country...but it seems to help!

Chicken and egg argument really...does supporting Canada's soccer teams lead to dementia or does Canada's soccer supporters tend to be drawn from a pool of sociopaths and schizos?

Of course, once you decide that everyone else is crazy and you're the only sane one, there's really no turning back!

I'll log on again after meds are handed out. "I would have given you a buck!

quote:Originally posted by elricko

"I would have given you a buck!

Wow, big surprise! The two biggest trolls on this board: Elricko and The Beast. Or are they the same person? They show the same tendency to crap all over our team just for the sake of crapping all over it. Others may be critical, but you KNOW they still cheer for the team. They still have hope. Yes, as Canso pointed out, we fans may be a bit nuts for cheering for our team, but at least we have integrity; at least we keep hoping.

Elrick, you aren't the guy from the Valley who works as the comptroller for Nestle, are you? 39 years old, dark hair?

quote:Originally posted by The Beaver

What a great fan of Canadian soccer, dumping his jersey for $5.00 to some dude he's never met before!! What jersey does he wear now, I wonder.

I will buy a new Canadian team jersey when the following happens:

1) Frank Yallop is sacked

2) The CSA make a real effort to make the national side something

someone is proud to support instead of being a laughing stock.

not only in this country but world wide.

3) The National side start playing more meaningful games in Ontario,

how many us can afford to run out to BC or Alberta everytime the

CSA gets home matches for us.

Just for the record it was $50.00 it must a been a type-o. I needed

the cash, would you have done anything different...i doubt it.

Hi Mr. Beaver, No, I do not work for Nestle, you're not stalking me are you? I used to be such a Canada fan (my kids are!), have lived here for donkey's years,probably way, way older than most of you here, but so many bad events have turned me off Canadian soccer, and Canadian sport in general, back in Edmonton I was proud to wear the maple leaf, not anymore.It seems so very little positive does happen , that I only support my original country now, BUT you will be pleased to know that I will jump back on the bandwagon IF Yallop turns it around. The national soccer talent pool really does appear so thin these days , compared to some glorious past times. I honestly think what this country needs is a Tom Leykus, someone to shake the daylights out of everything--of course he was kicked off the air here in Van. I don't think you like the FC Beast( we are two separate individuals ) , because he's one of the few that tells it like it is, and you all like your safe and comfortable la-la land-where you can pontificate forever. Anyway that's enough , now I'll read the ranters,etc , who no doubt will tell me what I can do, and specifiacally where I can go--so here's the centre stage!!!!

Hi Mr. Beaver, No, I do not work for Nestle, you're not stalking me are you? I used to be such a Canada fan (my kids are!), have lived here for donkey's years,probably way, way older than most of you here, but so many bad events have turned me off Canadian soccer, and Canadian sport in general, back in Edmonton I was proud to wear the maple leaf, not anymore.It seems so very little positive does happen , that I only support my original country now, BUT you will be pleased to know that I will jump back on the bandwagon IF Yallop turns it around. The national soccer talent pool really does appear so thin these days , compared to some glorious past times. I honestly think what this country needs is a Tom Leykus, someone to shake the daylights out of everything--of course he was kicked off the air here in Van. I don't think you like the FC Beast( we are two separate individuals ) , because he's one of the few that tells it like it is, and you all like your safe and comfortable la-la land-where you can pontificate forever. Anyway that's enough , now I'll read the ranters,etc , who no doubt will tell me what I can do, and specifiacally where I can go--so here's the centre stage!!!!

Thanks for the support elricko. One point i would like to mention is

Yallop is not capable of cleaning up this mess, at best he's a decent MLS manager nothing more, we need another manager like Holger who won't put up with crybaby players, (oh we have got the right place tickets, or Holger's too tough on us in practice) we need real footballers. Don't worry about the Beav, he's good comedy at a very

low price.:)

You might be an old guy elricko but if you believe that the national talent pool was ever any better than it is now you're taking too many meds.

You might be an old guy elricko but if you believe that the national talent pool was ever any better than it is now you're taking too many meds.

I'll take Yallop, Miller, Forrest,Bunbury and Samuel over ANY relatively Canadian modern players in those positions--they would make the all-time best Canadian team. in my humble opinion. Actually that's something to throw out there--name the best ever team--who's brave enough?

Archived