teams better than Canada in concacaf

Joe Concacaf

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by canadiansoccerrules

Actually i met the Beast in downdown Brantford yesterday, he sold me his Canadian national team jersey....white with provincial crests in silver,

for a bargin of $ 5.00, thats better then i would have got from the CSA.

How does one person do a transaction with themselves?

Straight-up price or is there haggling?

quote:Originally posted by Loud Mouth Soup

How does one person do a transaction with themselves?

Straight-up price or is there haggling?

THE BEAST AND Canadian soccer are two different people, he's to positive about soccer in Canada to be me.

quote:Originally posted by FC Beast

Managing quotes 101:

Your basic quote, pre editing looks {quote}{i}Originally posted by Username {/i}{br} text {/quote} (only you use replace the parenthesis{} brackets with the lower case square [] brackets)

When there are mulitple quotes involved, sorting through them is much like figureing out which silverware to use at a formal setting: you work from the outside in. So the first {quote}...{br} goes with the last last {/quote} and the second {quote}...{br} with the second last {/quote} and so on. So if you hit the reply button on Beast's post above, you will note that there are 3 consquetive {Quote}...{br} series, and then some text followed by a {/quote} followed by some text. Beast screwed up...and he is by no means the only one, by adding his text before the second {/quote} which makes it appear that he is continuing the text of LoudMouth Soup.

So why do I care? Well, the main reason is that I am aging and my eyes are going. For some reason the stuff inside the quotes come out as a smaller font that I can't read without reading glasses. While with Beasts posts that is a blessing, I've noticed others occasionally falling into this, or not editing out the supurflous text resulting in several inches taken up by a one line reponse. I think we can all live without that.

quote:Originally posted by elricko

I will jump back on the bandwagon IF Yallop turns it around.

Well, I could have ripped appart you response on numerous fronts, but I think the above quote sums it up perfectly. I guess it is okay for dudes like you to reap the benefits of living in my country without the requirement to actually show it any loyalty. No, that isn't a slap in the face of proud Canadians. Not at all. No, we don't feel taken advantage of, or crapped all over. Hey, why come to my country if you refuse to pay it a bit of respect? Why stay? In fact, I know a good immigration lawyer who could help you and your family return to your "motherland". Let me know when you'd like to go back? There's a slow boat leaving Vancouver on Wednesday. ;)

RedHat--sorry, I get very pissed off with knobs like Elricko. In all lot of ways he is worse than The Beast. The Beast, to be fair, is just some silly kid looking for respect but clearly clueless as how to get it. He may be a bit numb upstairs, but I think he half cares about Canadian soccer. Others, like Canso and a few others, care a good deal about Canadian soccer and are critical because they want to see improvements (as do we all). I have no beef with them, though I WILL disagree with various points they raise from time to time. (that is what these forums are about, right?) But Elricko is just plain counter-supportive. I can't understand why he even posts here. This site is called "The Voyageurs: Canadian Soccer Supporters," after all.

As for beer, I'd buy a beer for pretty well every person who I've battled with in the past on this site, as well as everyone I've agreed with--I'd probably even buy the Beast a beer (though I don't want to take the risk of buying booze for a minor), but I will never buy a beer for the likes of Elricko. I'll help find him a nice container ship home, even toss in a tank of oxygen and a few gallons of water, but I will not buy him a beer. ;) (How's that for diplomacy? Where's Canso when I need him?)

Originally posted by The Beaver

RedHat--sorry, I get very pissed off with knobs like Elricko. In all lot of ways he is worse than The Beast. The Beast, to be fair, is just some silly kid looking for respect but clearly clueless as how to get it. He may be a bit numb upstairs, but I think he half cares about Canadian soccer. Others, like Canso and a few others, care a good deal about Canadian soccer and are critical because they want to see improvements (as do we all). I have no beef with them, though I WILL disagree with various points they raise from time to time. (that is what these forums are about, right?) But Elricko is just plain counter-supportive. I can't understand why he even posts here. This site is called "The Voyageurs: Canadian Soccer Supporters," after all.

As for beer, I'd buy a beer for pretty well every person who I've battled with in the past on this site, as well as everyone I've agreed with--I'd probably even buy the Beast a beer (though I don't want to take the risk of buying booze for a minor), but I will never buy a beer for the likes of Elricko. I'll help find him a nice container ship home, even toss in a tank of oxygen and a few gallons of water, but I will not buy him a beer. ;) (How's that for diplomacy? Where's Canso when I need him?)

[/quote

If Elricko is worse then me than i must be doing something wrong.

But being serious, I do care for Canadian soccer a lot or I would not be here, or have spent the last 2 months copying national team matches

onto DVD, seeing the team in 1985 wcq in St Johns Nfld against Honduras,

and seeing the program now hurts a lot. But im clearly past a kid

early forties, is all i'll say on that. I' ll take you up on that beer offer (only root beer) i don't drink, anyday, be better if it

happen when we qualify for the world cup again, that would be worth celebrating. Elricko has the right to his opinion, which makes this,

country number one in the World to live and voice opinions good,bad,

or indifferent.

quote:Originally posted by The Beaver

Maybe Elricko wants what all of us want you and myself included,

is better direction for the program of the national team then

what has happened since 1986. Maybe the younger supporters have

the time to wait for another World Cup appearence, but i'd rather

see one soon while i can still enjoy it.;)

Hey, I'd love for us to have a great soccer team as early as tomorrow morning, but that isn't going to happen. Like it or not, we are going to have to be patient. Sure, we can't settle for poor vision and organization, but a dose of reality is needed, whether you are 18 or 85. (Beast, are you on your deathbed? I'm sure you've got another 10 or so world cups left in you. don't give up hope.)

quote:Originally posted by The Beaver

Hey, I'd love for us to have a great soccer team as early as tomorrow morning, but that isn't going to happen. Like it or not, we are going to have to be patient. Sure, we can't settle for poor vision and organization, but a dose of reality is needed, whether you are 18 or 85. (Beast, are you on your deathbed? I'm sure you've got another 10 or so world cups left in you. don't give up hope.)

It feels like it sometimes...but maybe at least 7 more World Cup

attempts. What i would like to see more then another world cup

appearence is a strong national league thats more important for the game here IMHO then going to the WC. Give Toronto a MLS franchise,

then they can put a reserve side in a Canadian league, with teams

from Vancouver,Montreal,Winnipeg,Ottawa,Quebec city,Hamiltion, &

the Maritimes.

Archived