Voyageurs scarf fine-tuning

DJT

As decided in the vote, the general design of the two sides of the scarf will be as follows:

<center>voyageursside.jpg

canadaside.gif</center>

Note that the red in the first image appears a little darker than in the second image. This is my fault, a result of when I edited the first image. The correct shade of red is the one in the second image.

Here are suggestions made during the vote for the fine-tuning of this design:

quote:Originally posted by Moosehead

maybe replace Allez Les Rouges with Canadian Football Supporters or Canadian Soccer Supporters [on the Canada side].

quote:Originally posted by Injured reserve

how about black lettering for "CANADA"? Distinguishes it a bit from the other side.

You can add any further suggestions in this thread. But these must be "minor" suggestions — the general design will not be changed.

Jarrek and/or HamiltonSteelers will take all of these suggestions into consideration when preparing the absolutely final design, but that design will ultimately be up to them and their decisions are final.

We are not quite ready to accept orders as we are waiting for some info from Polish Lynx Fan. Do not place orders here, we will have another thread for that when we are ready.

On the Canada side straighten out the Maple Leafs. Don't know why there a little off kilter there, and dosen't exactly look bad or anything, just I think they'd be more symetrical if they held an even line through the centre of the scarf.

Looks good. Would rather the two sides contrasted each other more but overall a design I think 99% of people who see it will like. Good work.

Hmm. I think the lettering is fine just the way it is in both cases. The one problem I do see is on the Voyageurs side: Will the voyageurs logo be able to be made on a scarf? That seems way too fine of detail from what i've seen on most scarves. Particularly the detailed circular writing. Has anyone checked this out yet?

quote:Originally posted by gwallace76

Hmm. I think the lettering is fine just the way it is in both cases. The one problem I do see is on the Voyageurs side: Will the voyageurs logo be able to be made on a scarf? That seems way too fine of detail from what i've seen on most scarves. Particularly the detailed circular writing. Has anyone checked this out yet?

I have a couple of scarves that have very fine details, but that is a really good point!

I think it's a good design, nice and clean.

Personally, if I had my 'druthers', I'd change the "Maple Leaf Forever" on the CANADA side to "Voyageurs" -- I like the idea that if you're holding that side up to a TV camera, the viewer at home would know the scarf-wearer was a Voyaguer (even if all it made them do was say, "What the heck is a Voyageur?"). Regardless, good work by the designers.

Guest HamiltonSteelers

My only gripe is the main font for Canada and Voyageurs. It just doesn't look right... otherwise, the primary idea is there and it looks good. I'll see if I can find a better font or two.

Already a great job so anything is cool. I do think those suggesting a black otline have a good point.

And personally, at the risk of enciting the wrath of so many of you, I would of still hoped to change 'saccur' to 'football' but will live either way.

Perhaps, as this design has won. Now let' Hamilton ' (as his design was also well recieved) do the fine-tuning he sees fit?? everybody wins! (except the fooball people, but that's niether here nor there)

I hope the people putting this together aren't pulling their hair out.

Go ahead and make a modest order of the design you more or less have now. See how things go, how much of a pain was shipping them, find out how much interest there really is, ect, ect...

Make all your mistakes this time out and once you are ready, you can make up a new scarf, get everyone to chip in on a new design, and you'll already know what you're doing.

Then the original scarf will be a collectors item.

Er, something....

quote:Originally posted by Polish_LYNX_Fan

ok so can I get something to quote or what ?? it seems that this has stoped whats going on?

I'm waiting for you to contact me. You're supposed to get some info. Remember?

Archived