Seeing as we are already into the math...

Paddy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we need 10 points from six matches to qualify. we can lose or draw and then go on to win 3 out of 3.

the preferred result is a victory and 4 wins out of 4. it doesn't matter if we finish 1st and 2nd.

just as in champions league group phase, 10 points guarantees you advance. 8 or 9 points can also do enough if other results go your way.

quote:Originally posted by bettermirror

we need 10 points from six matches to qualify. we can lose or draw and then go on to win 3 out of 3.

the preferred result is a victory and 4 wins out of 4. it doesn't matter if we finish 1st and 2nd.

just as in champions league group phase, 10 points guarantees you advance. 8 or 9 points can also do enough if other results go your way.

I think you misunderstood my question. The game today is between Guatemala and Costa Rica. What result would you like.

quote:Originally posted by redhat

A tie would be best, as that would minimize the Guats' advance for second. If we win

on Wednesday, that would eliminate the Ticos and pressure the Guats for second.

Yeah, I'm frickin hopeful ...

Playing the Ticos at home after they have already been eliminated would be ideal as they would probably send a B team.

Actually, I think a Costa Rican win would do Canada better because we still got two games with Costa Rica to play.

Assuming Costa Rica holds on for a win today, I am confident Honduras will beat Guatemala at home the next game and a win against Costa Rica leaves the standings after Wednesday at:

Honduras 7

Canada 4

Guatemala 3

Costa Rica 3

From this point on with 3 games left, Canada can avoid a slip up to Honduras but must get good results from their games against Costa Rica (home) and Guatemala (road) which to me sounds reasonable.

Honduras taking 4 points on the road this early, has all but taken the top spot.

quote:Originally posted by Croat

Actually, I think a Costa Rican win would do Canada better because we still got two games with Costa Rica to play.

Assuming Costa Rica holds on for a win today, I am confident Honduras will beat Guatemala at home the next game and a win against Costa Rica leaves the standings after Wednesday at:

Honduras 7

Canada 4

Guatemala 3

Costa Rica 3

From this point on with 3 games left, Canada can avoid a slip up to Honduras but must get good results from their games against Costa Rica (home) and Guatemala (road) which to me sounds reasonable.

Honduras taking 4 points on the road this early, has all but taken the top spot.

makes sense

Archived