Edmonton weather watch

RS

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

http://theweathernetwork.ca/weather/cities/can/pages/CAAB0103.htm

So far, a high of 12C is expected with a low of 9C with a 90% chance of rain.

Looks like we'll be freezing those Hondos out :D

A high of 12 degrees!!!!. I was going to pack only summer gear. I was not aware that it got so cold so soon in Edmonton. Thanks for info.

quote:Originally posted by Current Champ

Pissy!

We have had more rain in Alberta this year that the last 10 years combined, I think. Which is actually a good thing, but not for the commonwealth pitch. I'v heard it's pretty chewed up from CFL.

Well, they have a full six days to repair any wear and tear that m,ay have been caused by the Esks game yesterday, so I'm confident we'll see a beautiful pitch come Saturday night.

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

A high of 12 degrees!!!!. I was going to pack only summer gear. I was not aware that it got so cold so soon in Edmonton. Thanks for info.

Never only bring summer gear to Edmonton. I've been caught a bunch of times. I went up the April before last and there was still over 3 feet of snow. We got snow in Calgary in July a couple years back. The U-19 Final was even a cold windy one and I almost froze. Bring a heavier coat than you think you'll need.

I'm just sad because my rain gear makes mt but look gig.:(;)

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

Well, they have a full six days to repair any wear and tear that m,ay have been caused by the Esks game yesterday, so I'm confident we'll see a beautiful pitch come Saturday night.

The problem is the stadium will be 3/4 empty, what kind of sight

is that for television?:(

yeah..especially in September, you never know what you get...Last September Labour day, it was 30+..this time, seems like a pretty cool rainy weekend which is just fine...

I also checked San Jose's weather for the Tico match and it appears that they are into their rainy season as well..hot and seemingly quite rainy down there at the moment.

This change in forcast was reported in the Honduran newspapers and has calmed some worries about the cold weather affecting the players. The Team doctor told the papers that it didnt matter, that they have prepared for the cold weather anyway but if its hotter then it will be like playing at home. In any case I dont think this would have affected the team like it did back in 86. Most of the starting players are playing in Europe where the temperature is not always that hot and the ones who play in South America specially in Uruguay are used to the colder weather. The problem is only with the central defence and goalie who play in Honduras, but then again the teperature will not affect them either, cause they suck in any weather !!!

If it's a high of 20 that means it will still be close to that until the sun starts to set during gametime. It'll be pretty frosty by the time we are heading home, er I mean to the bar. (although I lived there 20 years ago so the weather has changed quite a bit).

Hopefully it'll be a nice day, and we get a good walk-up.

We have a saying around these parts. 'Don't like the weather? Wait 5 minutes.'

quote:Originally posted by Sigma

Oh sorry, that is 80F ;)

Hey, what the he.ll is 80F? Could somebody please translate that into Modern Canadian for me? I know it ain't hot...

Damn, I guess I'll have to dig out my Vancouver umbrella. I hope it is cold--I don't care freezing if it helps out lads.

Archived