Voyageurs Section at Swangard - Aug. 18, 2004

After hearing back from the CSA it looks promising on a Voyageurs Section for the Guatemala game.However the "key" person in charge of ticketing for this event is away until next week.I've requested a section in the South Endzone.Tickets there are $15 each.There isn't a GA section for this game

There will be Southside representation but we'd also like to see some representation from elsewhere.I know there are plenty of Voyageurs in Victoria,Calgary and Edmonton and points further east of course.Having the national team play a WCQ is a rare occurrence in Canada and to have a game at the intimate and picturesque Swangard will be a treat.Anyone thinking of coming out here please let me

know asap.

I'm very into going and I'd be bringing my brother I believe, but I still don't have a car yet. I need to get that sorted quickly.

What kind of stands do they have in the end zone? I'm used to seeing the Southsiders standing by the sign boards. Are they bringing in bleachers?

How do you get tickets? From where? When do they go on sale?

cheers,

matthew

quote:Originally posted by matthew

I'm very into going and I'd be bringing my brother I believe, but I still don't have a car yet. I need to get that sorted quickly.

What kind of stands do they have in the end zone? I'm used to seeing the Southsiders standing by the sign boards. Are they bringing in bleachers?

How do you get tickets? From where? When do they go on sale?

cheers,

matthew

From what I've been told so far the set up in the southside for the Vancouver WCQ will be different than the Whitecaps games.First of all it will not be general admission as it usually is for Whitecaps games.There are a couple of small bleachers currently but many fans in the southside choose to get right up close to the field behind the goal to shout at the players.

Because the WCQ is reserved seating they'll probably have the same bleacher seating as the last WCQ in 1997 against USA.There was 1 giant bleacher if I remember correctly that sat about 600 to 800. I've asked for 60 to 100 seats for a Voyageur/Southside section in the south endzone.I was told that my request should be no problem but would get an answer next week when the the ticketing person would be back.

Tickets go on sale on July 1st to Whitecaps season ticket holders only(which I am).CSA are selling all of their tickets through ticketmaster.I will stay on top of this and make sure we get our request.The main thing is I do have a contact person at the CSA and I have been assured that they would help me.They go on sale to the public on July 3rd.

Matthew,it would be great to get you out on the west coast.If you havn't been here before it will be a memorable experience for you.

Also,I can mail you(or anyone else the tickets).I'll post more details as I get them.

Yes, there's no way they'd allow the southside setup, and I assume the temporary bleachers the Whitecaps have set up on the east side of the stadium (right up on the track next to the pitch) will not be there. I assume they'll have bleachers like they do in the north end (which the Whitecaps don't use)set up in the south end.

As long as there are bleachers in the south endzone and we can all stand together, there will be southsiders there.

quote:Originally posted by Krammerhead

Yes, there's no way they'd allow the southside setup, and I assume the temporary bleachers the Whitecaps have set up on the east side of the stadium (right up on the track next to the pitch) will not be there. I assume they'll have bleachers like they do in the north end (which the Whitecaps don't use)set up in the south end.

As long as there are bleachers in the south endzone and we can all stand together, there will be southsiders there.

I think the new bleachers on the eastside will be there.Rick Ramsbottom said that the only thing not being used on the eastside is the Whitecaps tent.Also the Whitecaps banners around the perimeter fence wont be there either.

quote:Originally posted by snake

ive got commitments from a dozen east van southsiders to be at the game.soccer,beer,bud,southsiders. what a combo.

Because it is a FIFA event there is no beer sales at the game.Beer will have to be consumed in the park.Maybe some kind of tailgate party can be arranged.

quote:Originally posted by Vancouver Fan

Because it is a FIFA event there is no beer sales at the game.Beer will have to be consumed in the park.Maybe some kind of tailgate party can be arranged.

its to bad that mr.sport strip bar on kingsway is gone.

I think the new bleachers on the eastside will be there.Rick Ramsbottom said that the only thing not being used on the eastside is the Whitecaps tent.Also the Whitecaps banners around the perimeter fence wont be there either.

Hmmm I have a funny feeling they won't be there. First off the new bleachers seat 400 less than the old ones. Why would they want to make capacity smaller when they could sell an extra 400 seats? Also those seats are awfully close to the pitch, closer than the southside area would have been.

If they do use those temporary bleachers that are on the track, they are taking away 400 fans.

I think a tailgate is a great idea or there are a couple of pubs around the Kingsway area that we could meet for some pre game fuel up!

I just hope that we can get this set up before the hispanic community jumps at this and buys bulk tickets.

quote:Originally posted by Footy

I think a tailgate is a great idea or there are a couple of pubs around the Kingsway area that we could meet for some pre game fuel up!

I just hope that we can get this set up before the hispanic community jumps at this and buys bulk tickets.

Footy,that is my concern as well.If I run into any problems with the ticket guy next week I'll ask him if the Guatemalans are getting any special treatment with regards to ticket buying.

quote:Originally posted by Krammerhead

Hmmm I have a funny feeling they won't be there. First off the new bleachers seat 400 less than the old ones. Why would they want to make capacity smaller when they could sell an extra 400 seats? Also those seats are awfully close to the pitch, closer than the southside area would have been.

If they do use those temporary bleachers that are on the track, they are taking away 400 fans.

I wasn't aware that those new bleachers seated 400 less.Too bad.That is a good set up for the Whitecaps.You are right about trying to increase capacity.

quote:Originally posted by Vancouver FanMatthew,it would be great to get you out on the west coast.If you havn't been here before it will be a memorable experience for you.

Also,I can mail you(or anyone else the tickets).I'll post more details as I get them.

Sounds great Vancouver Fan. I get out to Vancouver and the island about every two years. But I've never been to a match there and can't wait. My brother's never been and we've never done a road trip together so I'm stoked.

Any hotel/motel suggestions? We have family in Aggasiz, but that's a long commute every day. I'm also a man of modest means and I still have a trip to Edmonton or two to get ready for so suggestions would be fantastic.

Does anyone know how many seats will be in the ends? Or what the capacity will be officially?

cheers,

matthew

Geoff ,it will be great to see you again.How about the rest of the Victoria representation?

Well I am still trying to arrange the time off required but I'd say I am 99% certain to be there. Do we send money to someone in Vancouver to buy tickets?

Ted

quote:Originally posted by ted

Well I am still trying to arrange the time off required but I'd say I am 99% certain to be there. Do we send money to someone in Vancouver to buy tickets?

Ted

Once I find out next week from the ticket person at the CSA(who is away this week)how they will arrange this for us I'll let everyone on this and the Southsiders board know what to do.I will probably ask for a cheque in the mail then I'll send the tickets to your adress.I want all the details to be settled before they go on sale to the public on Saturday July 3rd.

Archived