Voyageurs Section at Swangard - Aug. 18, 2004

Does anyone object to upgrading to the eastside bleachers in order to make more of an impact,get a better view of the field,and allow our eastern counterparts to see us on tv?

They are $12 more at $27 per person.

I was watching video of the WCQ games in 97 and the endzone bleachers were placed quite far away from the pitch.

I'll stay with the cheap seats if it means getting more people together.

I'm into whatever gets us the best seat. I'd understand the desire of the southsiders to stay on the south side (and I know money's tight for some of you guys), but if we can get a a decent group in the east stand as well I'm up for it.

cheers,

matthew

quote:Originally posted by Vancouver Fan

Does anyone object to upgrading to the eastside bleachers in order to make more of an impact,get a better view of the field,and allow our eastern counterparts to see us on tv?

I'm fine with that if you Swangard regulars decide it's better. I would like to see the action and be seen and heard as a group.

My agenda is to cheer on Canada. My only other aim is to be able to see the game half-decently. I don't think being on a small bleacher well behind one of the goals is going to give me a very good view, but I could be wrong. I've never been.

cheers,

matthew

quote:Originally posted by matthew

My agenda is to cheer on Canada. My only other aim is to be able to see the game half-decently. I don't think being on a small bleacher well behind one of the goals is going to give me a very good view, but I could be wrong. I've never been.

What he said. :)

I want to be part of the "12th man" and if it works better in the end zone so be it but I am happy to upgrade the ticket if we can do that AND see the game from a better spot. Someone in Vancouver is gonna have to make the call and if it means barracking the Guatamalan keeper for 45 and mocking their strikers the other 45 from the end zone fine by me.

Just tell me how much to send where made out to whom!

Never mind me, whatever everybody wants to do is fine. I always prefer behind the net, have since I was a kid. Anyway I don't know what being behind the net setup is going to be. However I can give you an idea of the eastside bleachers that we are referring to. We don't know yet which set of bleachers will be used, the ones the Whitecaps have temporarily on the track, or the permanent ones behind.

Pictures 2 and 3 show the Whitecaps temporary bleachers:

http://newheads.tripod.com/swangardsouth/id16.html

I think here are only 4 rows of seats. First picture here shows the Whitecaps setup:

http://newheads.tripod.com/swangardsouth/id12.html

They might use the permanent bleachers behind the temporary ones (larger capacity), I don't have a picture of them, but most people can recall seeing old games on TV, those bleachers are behind the track.

Just a quick note, but at the Whitecaps-Lynx game, the announcer was idicating that Whitecaps season ticket holders and flex pass purchasers would be getting some sort of priority on tickets for the Guat game. I have no idea if they will be getting their regular seats or if they will just get the chance at tickets generally, but that is a potential "section" buster. Probably not that great of a problem, but something we may have to contend with.

If they got a chance to buy their regular seats it wouldn't effect either endzone as there are no tickets sold in those sections for Whitecaps games, hence no season ticket holders buying up those tickets to worry about. However it would affect the east side bleachers.

Just to update everyone on the tickets.

This morning I E-mailed my contact at the CSA and asked for an updated on my request.At this point I havn't heard from her or John Billingsley who is supposed to be the person dealing with this.I am about to send another E-mail stating my disappointment at the non communication.

Tickets go on sale to the public on Saturday and if I don't here back from them by then I may opt to buy 30 to 40 tickets from ticketmaster on my Visa.I am confident that I could sell them to Voyageurs and Southsiders.It's not what we want but hopefully ticketmaster wont put a limit on tickets sales.I am a Whitecaps season ticket holder so I might go back to them to see if they can help me.

This is a different situation than Edmonton since Swangard could sell out quickly.I'll keep everyone updated.

quote:Originally posted by Krammerhead

Just typical of these people. Do they not want a supporters section at these games?

Im mentioned in my E-mails tonight that visting fans have always been accomadated at Swangard in the past and without our presence at the game home field advantage would mean nothing.

I finally heard back from Marian Hynd (game co-ordinator).

Firstly,the CSA is not offering group tickets.She did say however that the endzone seating will be the same as the Whitecaps and they WILL BE GENERAL ADMISSION.I'm not sure if that means that the Southside bleachers will also be the same as she states or if they will be larger as they were in 97.She will phone me tommorrow and I will ask about the Southside configuration.The Whitecaps soutside has a couple of small bleachers that seat about 50 to 60 each and are a lot closer than the northside bleachers.Personally I don't like the northside but the southside as they are for Whitecaps is a good option.

She also mentioned that she will call ticketmaster and ask them if we(I)can purchase a larger number of tickets.That way I could get Eastside reserved which really are a better unless we get the Whitecaps southsider configuration.

I have a day off tommorrow and she said that she would call me.I should have this finalised by tommorrow and I'll let everyone know.

I didnt mean to make this more confusing than it should be but I want everyone to know the options and excactly what is happening.

Thanks for your patience.

Archived