WC2006 Q's: Semi-final round question

Mumbo Jumbo

quote:Originally posted by Mumbo Jumbo

Hi peeps, I'm in Edmonton, a rookie in these parts but mega follower of the Canucks.

Is it confirmed that the following round of matches will be played in Commonwealth?

MJ

It has been confirmed that the match for Sep 4 is in Edm. Likely versus Honduras. The tickets have been on sale for a while now.

quote:Originally posted by Dante79

I hope they will only consider Edmonton because it capacity is 60 000 but I hope that people will go to the games! this teams need to have support of there fans!

Montreal is a 2 hour drive from Kingston. I'm a little upset we saw ZERO Montreal fans.

For the record its a 2 hour drive to ottawa, 3 1/2 hours drive to kingston. I did it this past Sunday.

quote:Originally posted by Mimglow

Montreal is a 2 hour drive from Kingston. I'm a little upset we saw ZERO Montreal fans.

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

It has been confirmed that the match for Sep 4 is in Edm. Likely versus Honduras. The tickets have been on sale for a while now.

Can you NOT do that! I just about fell off my chair~! ;)

Oh yeah.. and nice to see 'ya MumboJumbo.. you an Aviators fan?

Those were my thoughts as well on Sunday. As was the case in Boston. But from reading the board, I gathered that BXL boy was there. But I guess that we didn't get a chance to meet him.

quote:Originally posted by strobe_z

Can you NOT do that! I just about fell off my chair~! ;)

Oh yeah.. and nice to see 'ya MumboJumbo.. you an Aviators fan?

Hi strobe. Haven't caught an Aviators game yet. I don't have high hopes for them especially after how they dealt with the Titus saga.

Just heard on 1260 that the city of champs will get a game out of the 3 home qualifying dates. Definitely looking forward to it and hope the outcome will be much better than the last time they played here - loss to Dwight Yorke and co. in 2001

quote:Originally posted by Vancouver Fan

I'd like to purchase a ticket for the Edmonton game.Where are the Vees gonna sit?Is there going to be a general admission section?

For all future WCQ in Canada, I think we should ask the CSA to arrange for a section - or a limited portion of a section - to be reserved for the Voyageurs with the ticket seller selling those seats only if the Voyageurs are specifically mentioned in the request for tickets. It seems to me that if we can get a 100 or so a game, it is in the interst of the CSA to encourage this, and it would ensure the ability to get these seats together. I would be willing to make the necessary enquiries to have this happen if there is agreement that this is a good idea.

quote:Originally posted by Gordon

For all future WCQ in Canada, I think we should ask the CSA to arrange for a section - or a limited portion of a section - to be reserved for the Voyageurs with the ticket seller selling those seats only if the Voyageurs are specifically mentioned in the request for tickets. It seems to me that if we can get a 100 or so a game, it is in the interst of the CSA to encourage this, and it would ensure the ability to get these seats together. I would be willing to make the necessary enquiries to have this happen if there is agreement that this is a good idea.

This has come up before (I think) and is a great plan. We should really get on this one as I'm sure there would be many people willing to travel for the Labour Day Weekend game. I wouldn't want to fly in from Toronto and *not* sit with the Voyageurs. I wouldn't even care if the tickets cost a little more for the trouble. We really should make it clear that we're not looking for a "deal".

Unless we are.:)

It's too bad you didn't join us, we were having a blast! :)

Well, we were just behind you. I had a Charlton red shirt...I know, I know I need to get a real Canada shirt...My girlfriend had a 1994 Canada home shirt...I guess we just know you from the board...we need pictures and names...:)

Having said that, it was nice to be able to support Canada which is sometimes not easy here in Quebec...(I'm not getting into that...)

I just loved it when we sang «Allez les rouges»!!!

quote:Originally posted by François

Well, we were just behind you. I had a Charlton red shirt...I know, I know I need to get a real Canada shirt...My girlfriend had a 1994 Canada home shirt...I guess we just know you from the board...we need pictures and names...:)

Having said that, it was nice to be able to support Canada which is sometimes not easy here in Quebec...(I'm not getting into that...)

I just loved it when we sang «Allez les rouges»!!!

Francois, I saw you in the Charlton shirt at the game, and I saw you again on the 401 at the Esso station. Nice to hear you made the trip! :)

quote:Originally posted by ballboy

Ah!!! I saw you! I was surprised to see an Addicks shirt in the crowd???!!!:) You were sitting not far behind from our group... ...

I'm a member of Charlton international supporters club. I saw them play two years ago against Liverpool. they're a down to earth club...

I heard they are a nice family club... ...everyone is pretty down to Earth... ...just like our Canadian squad!:)

Since you were sitting with the regular crowd... ...how did the other people find our enthusiasm though? :) I am sure they had some pretty interesting comments about us as well.

quote:Originally posted by ballboy

I heard they are a nice family club... ...everyone is pretty down to Earth... ...just like our Canadian squad!:)

That's what I like about them...We had a chance to talk to the only «quebecois» Patrice Bernier after the game. A real classy guy.

Archived