Tracking the Lynx Moves

David C.

Well, since the Lynx seem to be setting new records for forum postings this offseason, I figured that I would attempt to track where their roster is headed.

Comments are certainly welcome. I probably have some positions out of whack and don't know which returnies are actually signed.

Goalkeeper: Goddard, Hancock

Left-Back: Blois, Hughes

Stopper: Mattacchione, Steele

Sweeper: Arango

Right-Back: Mayard, Serioux

Left Wing: O'Neil, (Westmaas?)

Def. Mid.: Faria, (Pusek?)

Off. Mid.: Prostran, DiPlacido

Right Wing: ...?

Striker: J.B. Nusum

Targ. Fwd.: Gerba(Ngon)

Serioux is a naturally right sided player, but I wouldnt be shocked to see him play in the centre this year. Similarly, Hughes I believe can play in the centre along with on the left side. Thats all of the defenders at the club though.

Pusek isn't under contract yet so having him in there might be jumping the gun, but in addition, the Lynx have Jonathan Westmaas under contract from last season as well.

As far as keepers, Kryger is the only one we currently have under contract. Aside from that, all else is unknown, but Goddard seems to be on the Lynx wish list :).

The way I see it, the Lynx are still five or six players short of a full roster. A keeper, a defender, a couple midfielders and a couple strikers could all be useful. If they sign Goddard, there's still a single foreign spot remaining, and my hunch says it goes to a right sided midfielder.

re: Serioux

Is he really a right-sided player? I always thought he was left-sided. Thanks Ryan.

He did play in central defense (with Veenhof) last year but I thought he was horrible there. Seems better suited on the wing to me.

Is it just me, or is Adrian not really progressing since his impressive first few seasons with the club?

I revised the roster per Ryan's comments above.

I can't really see Di Placido as a wing player, he really belongs in the middle. Mind you, if you went 3-5-2 there could be room for two offensive minded central midfielders with Faria as the d-mid.

Mayard is only able to kick with one of his two feet, I can't remember which one it is.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

I can't really see Di Placido as a wing player, he really belongs in the middle. Mind you, if you went 3-5-2 there could be room for two offensive minded central midfielders with Faria as the d-mid.

Mayard is only able to kick with one of his two feet, I can't remember which one it is.

Playing on the field we do, 3-5-2 isn't really an option.. in fact it could be the main reason the Lynx have been so poor recently :). Thats one of the main reasons we did so well at York. Wide field worked to our advantage in that formation.

As for Mayard, he's very right footed. :D

As to Serioux, I agree with you with Serioux being a wide player. I think that can account for his stagnation, because w/ the Lynx 3-5-2, Serioux was always forced to play more of a central role, while the wide role was taken by Aristodemo. Since Robbie was a lock, Serioux hasn't been able to get forward much from the back, which is one of his best assets. I think you'll see a return to form from Adrian if he's given his natural role on the outside of a four man backline.

There has been no sign of Blicharski. I'm not sure if he went his own way or the Lynx didn't pick up his option. He is a decent young kid but wouldn't help the Lynx this season. The Lynx are in need of a wide player and another striker.

I haven't seen Westmas or heard any news of him returning.

There has been no sign of Blicharski. I'm not sure if he went his own way or the Lynx didn't pick up his option. He is a decent young kid but wouldn't help the Lynx this season. The Lynx are in need of a wide player and another striker.

quote:Originally posted by big fan

Interesting.. kinda disappointing if he doesn't return. I am absolutely sure that he was on contract for this season, but there could have been a parting of ways there too. That would leave a roster spot for a Mr. Bartolomeu available tho :)

quote:Originally posted by big fan

Interesting.. kinda disappointing if he doesn't return. I am absolutely sure that he was on contract for this season, but there could have been a parting of ways there too. That would leave a roster spot for a Mr. Bartolomeu available tho :)

you might want to check the players who signed last year but are really on option years currently[ Kryger for example].....another strong rumor has it that Goddard has not been offered a contract ...also I was told that Rowland was in for training session during MISL break and looked very very good....rumor has it as well that he has been contact by several ALeague teams.....his indoor team should go a ways in the playoffs which will delay his return although there will be several players that will also be affected

I do not think it is quite official that Edgar is a Canadian citizen just yet, although it is very close. Was it not visa problems that held him up from playing with Canada vs. Barbados?

Not sure about this, just going bu past posts and CSA news.

quote:Originally posted by David C.

Goalkeeper: (Goddard?), Kryger, (Rowland?)

Left-Back: Blois, Hughes

Stopper: Mattacchione

Sweeper: Arango

Right-Back: Mayard, Serioux

Left Wing: O'Neil, Westmaas

Def. Mid.: Faria, (Pusek?)

Off. Mid.: Prostran, DiPlacido

Right Wing: ...? (memories of Robbie)

Striker: J.B. Nusum

Targ. Fwd.: Gerba(Ngon)

Pusek hasn't joined the team as of yet, I beleive he is nursing an injury that occured in his trial in the MLS. Westmaas is also another player that I haven't heard much from, not sure if he's coming back. As for the goalkeepers, I don't think Kryger is one of their options. I think Goddard is the man. The back four look solid with Joe, Blois, Mayard, Adrian, with Tyler(can play left mid-field) and Arrango as subs. Midfield, you have O'neil, Faria, Dave, Igor, and still waiting for another outside player. Up top you have Ali and Nusum. Still need another forward.

The team is slowly coming together but the season is coming quickly.

quote:Originally posted by SeanKeay

I think we should put Adrian in the midfield... play him on the wing. He attacks very strong and will be effective there.

That is a possililty, especially with all the defenders we already have. Do you think he has the ability to beat players and cross the ball? That was one weakness he had in the few games he played there a couple of seasons ago.

Archived