Tracking the Lynx Moves

David C.

Here's a story from Bermuda on the new Lynx striker...

From The Royal Gazette:

Last modified: April 01. 2004 8:37PM

Nusum relishes national team challenge

By Colin Thompson

Returning professional striker John Barry Nusum hopes pre-season training with new club, Toronto Lynx, will give him a decisive edge in tonight’s second clash against Nicaragua at the National Sports Centre (NSC).

Nusum (23), who only joined his new team-mates at A League team Lynx on Monday, is fully aware of the challenge which he faces ahead of tonight’s contest – that of filling the void left by Shaun Goater’s departure and keeping the team’s potency intact in front of goal.

“I think there is a bit of pressure on me to do well but it also gives me more incentive to do well,” he said yesterday. “From what I hear fans were treated to a good match last night (Wednesday) and so basically I have to come in and try to give them the same type of performance. So there’s a bit of pressure but at the same time it’s a building process for the whole team.”

The former Atlanta Silverbacks marksman took up residence in suburban Toronto earlier this week and has quickly had to make the required adjustment to life north of the border.

Nusum flew in early yesterday morning and showed no signs of jetlag during a late afternoon run-out at the NSC.

Like the remainder of his team-mates, Nusum said he was ecstatic over Goater’s return to the national squad, though he wished he could have been back to play alongside the Reading striker in Wednesday’s game.

“I am looking forward to that. I wish I could have been here for the match but it will come. I honestly can’t wait to play with him because you can learn a lot by just being on the same pitch with him,” he said.

The top poacher is coming off two solid performances for Bermuda, netting five goals in the opening World Cup qualifying series against Montserrat last month.

“I hope I can keep it going. I always look to score a couple of goals,” he said, alluding to his current hot scoring streak at the national level.

As for his move into new surroundings, according to the player life in Toronto so far has not been a bed of roses.

“It’s cold! We (Lynx) had a game last night and it was freezing. I actually had a couple of jackets on,” he said.

“I just moved there on Monday and this has basically been my first week there and I am only now getting to know the players. So I am really trying to fit in at the moment.”

The former Wolves player, who bagged seven goals last season with the Silverbacks,– trained three times this week with the Lynx before returning yesterday.

Here's a story from Bermuda on the new Lynx striker...

From The Royal Gazette:

Last modified: April 01. 2004 8:37PM

Nusum relishes national team challenge

By Colin Thompson

Returning professional striker John Barry Nusum hopes pre-season training with new club, Toronto Lynx, will give him a decisive edge in tonight’s second clash against Nicaragua at the National Sports Centre (NSC).

Nusum (23), who only joined his new team-mates at A League team Lynx on Monday, is fully aware of the challenge which he faces ahead of tonight’s contest – that of filling the void left by Shaun Goater’s departure and keeping the team’s potency intact in front of goal.

“I think there is a bit of pressure on me to do well but it also gives me more incentive to do well,” he said yesterday. “From what I hear fans were treated to a good match last night (Wednesday) and so basically I have to come in and try to give them the same type of performance. So there’s a bit of pressure but at the same time it’s a building process for the whole team.”

The former Atlanta Silverbacks marksman took up residence in suburban Toronto earlier this week and has quickly had to make the required adjustment to life north of the border.

Nusum flew in early yesterday morning and showed no signs of jetlag during a late afternoon run-out at the NSC.

Like the remainder of his team-mates, Nusum said he was ecstatic over Goater’s return to the national squad, though he wished he could have been back to play alongside the Reading striker in Wednesday’s game.

“I am looking forward to that. I wish I could have been here for the match but it will come. I honestly can’t wait to play with him because you can learn a lot by just being on the same pitch with him,” he said.

The top poacher is coming off two solid performances for Bermuda, netting five goals in the opening World Cup qualifying series against Montserrat last month.

“I hope I can keep it going. I always look to score a couple of goals,” he said, alluding to his current hot scoring streak at the national level.

As for his move into new surroundings, according to the player life in Toronto so far has not been a bed of roses.

“It’s cold! We (Lynx) had a game last night and it was freezing. I actually had a couple of jackets on,” he said.

“I just moved there on Monday and this has basically been my first week there and I am only now getting to know the players. So I am really trying to fit in at the moment.”

The former Wolves player, who bagged seven goals last season with the Silverbacks,– trained three times this week with the Lynx before returning yesterday.

Archived