USA-Haiti [R]

Montry

An inspired and spirited Haitian National Team surprised the U.S. Men's National Team with a 1-1 draw in an international match at The Orange Bowl in Miami on Saturday evening. Haiti lead the game for most of the second half on a 69th minute strike from Alexander Boucicaut, who beat U.S. keeper Kevin Hartman from 16 yards out to the lower left corner, but a 94th minute chested goal from defender Dan Califf salvaged the tie for the U.S.

http://www.ussoccer.com/news/fullstory.sps?iNewsid=55239&itype=113&iCategoryID=0

quote:Originally posted by Sigma

Kind of like when we lost to Malta.... [V]

I don't recall much panicking on bigsoccer when we lost to Malta. ;)

On a slightly (but not much) more serious note, it would be interesting to make a study of the two different boards to see which fans are more prone to panicking. I think they have quantity over us (there's about 3 or 4 "Fire Bruce Arena's ass!" threads on bigsoccer due to this one game, remarkable considering that he was largely considered the holy messiah after the 2002 World Cup, which we couldn't possibly manage for volume) but I think quality is up for debate. [:o)]

The US fans on BS.com are exactly like Saskatchewan Roughrider fans. It's uncanny. Every win they're going to the cup. A loss and everyone needs to get fired. No perspective at all.

Sure tying Haiti sucks, but when a game means something to one team and not the other, should it be a shock that the team who cares plays inspired? If Haiti were that inferior that they could have rolled over, not tried or cared and still won, why on earth would you play them in the first place?

cheers,

matthew

The US fans on BS.com are exactly like Saskatchewan Roughrider fans. It's uncanny. Every win they're going to the cup. A loss and everyone needs to get fired. No perspective at all.

Sure tying Haiti sucks, but when a game means something to one team and not the other, should it be a shock that the team who cares plays inspired? If Haiti were that inferior that they could have rolled over, not tried or cared and still won, why on earth would you play them in the first place?

cheers,

matthew

I watched the game and it was not what i expected. Haiti had a striker who was by far the fastest on the field. Beasely played crappy, Tony Sanneh played crappy to, though it was his first competitve game in 12 months or something. John Wolyniec sucks he looked prety crappy out there Steve ralston didnt play good at all. Haiti's goalie was not strong at all, he was weak in there air. Haiti fouled the states alot 18 first half fouls, Haiti also had a player from the french league

Archived