Soccer Central Presently Showing a Special on MNT

Grizzly

That was excellent, very informative. Features about the camp, our qualifying opponents, several of our players and an interview with Yallop. Maybe the best SoccerCentral that I've seen. Yallop impressed me with his views, attitude and the overall way he presented himself. Sportsnet deserves credit for this (hope such coverage continues).

This was actually on yesterday in Ontario. I did enjoy it - very cool feature on De Rosario (though it would have been nice of the camera's to give a little more time of day to his roommate, Patrice Bernier). Nice to see the Radzinski goal against the Czechs, good celebration afterwards.

Anyone else enjoy the "What are you, an idiot?" expression on Yallop's face when Dobson asked him if he intended to bring Canada's best team to face Belize? Although Dobson seems intent on casting doubt on Radzinski participating in qualfying at every possible opportun, what is most relevant was Forrest mentioning that he's spoken to other National team members who are saying don't worry, he's committed.

Also enjoyed the goofy grin on Pozniak's face, which seems permanantly etched there. :)

I wish they had spent more time on interviewing players in the camp, including those who were getting their first chance with the team like Kapos - we didn't see any of those players interviewed - instead of spending time re-capping what happened in 2000 (a re-cap which contained a number of dubious claims & factual inaccuracies, though they are all largely irrelevant nowadays).

quote:Originally posted by SeanKeay

BOO WORLD REPORTS!!!! I would love to see a full blown canadian content show. GREAT show put on by Gerry and Craig. For the first time I look forward to the show and didnt know everything they were talking about.

Hey man, I just like the World Report because of the background music. Does anyone know the name of that song so I can burn it? Anyone?

Archived