Lets flood Sportsnet with e-mails

hamiltonfan

quote:Originally posted by hamiltonfan

Everyone, e-mail Sportsnet and tell them to air the Canada U20 quarter-final game on Friday against the winner of tomorrows Paraguay vs Spain game. Send them mabye two e-mails if you have another e-mail or just put some randum e-mail down. Let's hope they listen!!!

I'm not sure Sportsnet would even have the power to show the game (at the last second) even if they wanted to. Would they? (anyone?) ... I mean, unless the game is shown by some other network on the WEstern hemisphere who bought rights to show the tournament (such as Galavision), where would Sportsnet get the satellite signal from?

quote:Originally posted by amacpher

I'm not sure Sportsnet would even have the power to show the game (at the last second) even if they wanted to. Would they? (anyone?) ... I mean, unless the game is shown by some other network on the WEstern hemisphere who bought rights to show the tournament (such as Galavision), where would Sportsnet get the satellite signal from?

The CSA is working at getting Sportsnet to pick up the feed.

Hamiltonfan's idea of sending messages does influence the network.

quote:Originally posted by Sigma

Galavision is showing the game....

Hmmm... are they? I noticed they announced that they're showing the Argentina-USA game but I didn't hear about the second QF match that they are showing... IF Galavision is showing the Canada match it might be easier for Sportsnet to pick it up as well just like they picked-up Gol TV's broadcast of the UEFA Cup, no?

Galavision is showing the game....

Hmmm... are they? I noticed they announced that they're showing the Argentina-USA game but I didn't hear about the second QF match that they are showing... IF Galavision is showing the Canada match it might be easier for Sportsnet to pick it up as well just like they picked-up Gol TV's broadcast of the UEFA Cup, no?

is galavision available via Rogers Digital cable? If so we could all go out and rent digital for a month. Not much point in waiting for Sportsnet to try to figure out whether X-Treme All-Alabama Dirtbike Derby should be bumped to show some silly soccer game...

According to soccertv.com Galavision is picking up all four QF matches...

Fri Dec 12 05:55AM Pacific

Fri Dec 12 06:55AM Mountain

Fri Dec 12 07:55AM Central

Fri Dec 12 08:55AM Eastern

Length: 2 hr 35 min LIVE

Galavision (US) - EAST FEED - Eastern/Central/Mtn (except Arizona)/DirecTV/DISH

FIFA World Youth Championships - Quarterfinal

I believe the Canada game starts at 9am EST

I checked SoccerTV and I still don't see the confirmation of the Canada game being shown. And I noticed also that they are only showing 2 QF matches (2 LIVE telecasts on their EAST-FEED and 2 taped matches for their WEST FEED - and any one person would only get EITHER the East or West, not both)

quote:Originally posted by DJT

No, it is not legally available in Canada at all. However, those people with grey-market DirecTV or DISH Network satellite dishes can get it.

I believe that radio signals (like from a satellite) can be legally tuned in by anyone that can receive them. I think the somewhat questionable part is the production of pirated cards to descramble the signal.

The USA game is definitely a noon EST start. The Galavision schedule page (http://www.univision.com/content/content.jhtml?cid=69075) lists a 9am and a noon game, but it doesn't list which teams. The Colombia-UAE game is also at 9am. What would be a bigger draw for Galavision - Colombia or Spain?

Uh-oh, look what SoccerTV lists:

Fri Dec 12 05:55AM Pacific

Fri Dec 12 06:55AM Mountain

Fri Dec 12 07:55AM Central

Fri Dec 12 08:55AM Eastern

Length: 2 hr 35 min LIVE

Galavision (US) - EAST FEED - Eastern/Central/Mtn (except Arizona)/DirecTV/DISH

FIFA World Youth Championships - Quarterfinal

United Arab Emirates vs Colombia

And today's SoccerCentral certainly made it sound like Sportsnet has no interest in showing the game.

Archived