10-Paul Peschisolido

11-Ante Jazic

I take it our formation looks something like what the preview article stated:

Radz

Pesch

Hastings-Imhof-Bircham-Bent

Jazic-DeVos-McKenna-Stalteri

Lars

I saw the goal (sneaked away from my desk to catch a bit of it on tv).

Duff just just strolled from the halfway line to the top of the box with no one in sight...all Canadian defenders were waiting for him at the top of the box...he simply went to the right of Stalteri, went around him and slid it under Lars. It was pathetic looking. Miller better get the defence in order if wants ANY chance at getting the full-time job (which he won't).

From sportinglife.com's match tracker:

45 mins: Half time is called at Landsdowne Road after a first forty-five minutes dominated by the contrasting fortunes of two new arrivals to Brian Kerr's squad. Nottingham Forest's Andy Reid enjoyed an excellent first half for his country and - with the predictably lively Damien Duff - was the half's outstanding player. Graham Kavanagh, meanwhile, will be left to rue terrible misfortune on his return to the international stage. The Cardiff skipper was withdrawn shortly after sustaining a third-minute injury. For their part, Canada have created chances with Paul Peschisolido the main danger but Tomasz Radzinski has been uncharacteristically wasteful when opportunities have presented themsleves.

Everyone has come to play, there has been two men who have been invisible tho, Imoff and Hastings dont deserve to be on the field right now, there playing HORRIBLE, P

On the good

Birch ,Pesh, Bent and Larry have been working togeather REALLY well. Gotta get Rat in there a bit more and create somthing he cant just cherry pick.

The goal was the midfields fault, they were no where to be found anyone running from thier own 18 should be contested. The defence were just shocked, and yes Duff did well to score aswell.

Canada looks like a solid squad today tho, Put un marty on the wing and get Richy H off!!!

I managed to sneak away from work to watch the first half and I enjoyed it. I think that Larry looks great and if Pesch had doubters they must be fewer now. Midfield has to be blamed for the Duff goal; otherwise, it's been a pretty solid half.

Blair

quote:Originally posted by SeanKeay

Everyone has come to play, there has been two men who have been invisible tho, Imoff and Hastings dont deserve to be on the field right now, there playing HORRIBLE, P

On the good

Birch ,Pesh, Bent and Larry have been working togeather REALLY well. Gotta get Rat in there a bit more and create somthing he cant just cherry pick.

The goal was the midfields fault, they were no where to be found anyone running from thier own 18 should be contested. The defence were just shocked, and yes Duff did well to score aswell.

Canada looks like a solid squad today tho, Put un marty on the wing and get Richy H off!!!

Archived