My Ireland play-by-play based on csa site

marcl_19

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Luis_Rancagua

Man, this team is really sad. I'm starting to regret that we have gotten rid-off Osiek. Could Yallop really turn the fortunes of Canada around. Then again, how could he when in Canada we don't have no CUSL or any league whatsover.

At no point in the Osieck tenure was the defence a liability. In fact it was our strong suit.

Yallop could do it. I'm sure of this.

Guest Georgio

"55:00 - A potential Canadian goal is called offsde; Peschisolido sends a great header to the net where Given makes a one hand stop which leaves the ball open for deVos who finds the net."

This makes no sense. If the header were considered an attempt on goal how could it be offside?? Was pesch in an offside position to head the ball - that's the only explanation I can come up with not being able to see the game.

Actually, it's not sad at all. We weren't being outclassed in the first half (with the exception of Duff, but he's a pretty special player) and I'm sure that we aren't right now either. The list is people who want Osieck back isn't very long; it certainly doesn't include Pesch or the guy you were clamouring for (Bircham).

Blair

And check out this from sportinglife.com...

65 mins: Canada appear much more subdued since conceding a second goal. The scoreline is unfair on the visitors who could easily have equalised in either half and they now face uphill task to get back on level terms.

I don't see the word sad there.

quote:Originally posted by Luis_Rancagua

Man, this team is really sad. I'm starting to regret that we have gotten rid-off Osiek. Could Yallop really turn the fortunes of Canada around. Then again, how could he when in Canada we don't have no CUSL or any league whatsover.

Sounds like Pesch had a better game than Radzinski:

80 mins: Radzinski is picked out but he fires well over. The striker has truly struggled tonight and would be held up as a figure of ridicule ill-suited to international football were he not known for his excellent Everton performances.

75 mins: Peschisolido is substituted for Canada, another bonus for Ireland as the Sheffield United man has been the visitors' outstanding contributor.

Archived