oddsmakers Fin-Can, Usa-Can

mtlfan

quote:Originally posted by Jarrek

5.25 for Canada? I say its worth betting on!!!

It's always a bad idea to bet on a team that you have an emotional attachment to. Trust me! I must have bet on the Senators about 30 times and guessed right 6-7 times!

That being said, 4.6 for US-Canada draw!? What's considered a draw? Tie score after 90 minutes or 120?

quote:Originally posted by amacpher

It's always a bad idea to bet on a team that you have an emotional attachment to. Trust me! I must have bet on the Senators about 30 times and guessed right 6-7 times!

That being said, 4.6 for US-Canada draw!? What's considered a draw? Tie score after 90 minutes or 120?

An American Sen fan.. That's a first. Welcome to the club!

Ottawa 5 Montreal 2

5.25 is ridiculous. I'd understand if Finland fielded a full lineup but we have a good shot at beating them.

Alex

One of the best betting sites I've found is based out of Quebec. They allow you to bet in Canadian dollars and the miminum bet is only $2

sportsinteraction.com

Latest odds:

Finland 1.50 Draw 3.40 Canada 6.00

USA 1.25 Draw 5.00 Canada 8.25

quote:Originally posted by Northern Star

And why is the odds against Canada?

Reading your writings, everything smells like a simple win for the canucks!

Who the hell is Tiimu Tainio or most of the finns!?

Maybe the oddsmakers are the same ones who have Real Madrid listed as favorites to win the Champions League this year. (I just noticed this. Gave me the best laugh I had all week)

Most Canadians I've seen have indicated they think Finland will win - namely because we have not called some of our best players & have brought back players who have or should have retired internationally for some unknown reason.

quote:Originally posted by Rodway

One of the best betting sites I've found is based out of Quebec. They allow you to bet in Canadian dollars and the miminum bet is only $2

sportsinteraction.com

$2 minimum? That sucks. YOu can't do "fun" bets when you've gotta do it at 2 bucks a shot.

Who the hell is Tiimu Tainio or most of the finns!?

Most of the Canadians are calling for us to lose or a close game. The Finns on http://www.suomifutis.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi are all calling 5-1. We'll see who is closer. I called 1-1.

cheers,

matthew

quote:Originally posted by littleD

$2 minimum? That sucks. YOu can't do "fun" bets when you've gotta do it at 2 bucks a shot.

Minimum, implying no lower then</u>. Don't know your exact idea of a "fun" bet. If your a high roller lay down a cupla G's. However, if you are a poor student like myself you can learn to have "fun" with a $5 or $10 bet.

quote:Originally posted by Alex M

An American Sen fan.. That's a first. Welcome to the club!

Well it would be a first except I'm from Ottawa.

quote:Originally posted by Alex M

Ottawa 5 Montreal 2

Good call on the Ott-Mtl game! What's your final score prediction for FIN-CAN?

Archived