canadian players

tukkijätkä

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one from Finland should ever bash another country's football. Shouldn't you actually accomplish something first? No way in hell could Finland qualify out of concacaf. First off you wouldn't be facing Haiti. USA, Mexico, Costa Rica, and Honduras would bitch slap your pathetic team. I'm not convinced Finland is better than Canada or Jamaica.

quote:Originally posted by Crazy_Yank

No one from Finland should ever bash another country's football. Shouldn't you actually accomplish something first? No way in hell could Finland qualify out of concacaf. First off you wouldn't be facing Haiti. USA, Mexico, Costa Rica, and Honduras would bitch slap your pathetic team. I'm not convinced Finland is better than Canada or Jamaica.

oooh.. I nearly died of laughter.. Costa Rica, Honduras and funniest of all, canada..

you're clearly trying to make your s h i t t y conacacaafaf sound like mission impossible, so your own failure to reach the world cup (yeah, you did make it once and really set the world alight) doesn't sound like a total failure.

you muppets would get licked in the European stage of World Cup qualifiers even if you faced San Marino.

oooh.. I nearly died of laughter.. Costa Rica, Honduras and funniest of all, canada..

you're clearly trying to make your s h i t t y conacacaafaf sound like mission impossible, so your own failure to reach the world cup (yeah, you did make it once and really set the world alight) doesn't sound like a total failure.

you muppets would get licked in the European stage of World Cup qualifiers even if you faced San Marino.

quote:Originally posted by metz

Apparently the ability to read and comprehend what you're reading isn't emphasized in Finnish culture.

You see, you're responding to Crazy Yank, whose country (it's listed as "USA") hasn't failed to make the WC in quite some time, yet you're making fun of his country's ability to make (and succeed in) the WC.

I really don't understand this superiority complex that you Finns (at least the jack-offs that post here) have. When's the last time Finland set the world alight? In anything? You can even include non-soccer accomplishments, if there are any.

Finland wouldn't last two weeks in CONCACAF qualifying, where visiting teams have to face fans that throw bags of piss and batteries at players, play in some of the worst weather conditions on Earth, and face possibly the most biased officiating in soccer (yes, it's called soccer here, get over it, it's not like we're the ones who came up with the term) history.

Apparently the ability to read and comprehend what you're reading isn't emphasized in Finnish culture.

You see, you're responding to Crazy Yank, whose country (it's listed as "USA") hasn't failed to make the WC in quite some time, yet you're making fun of his country's ability to make (and succeed in) the WC.

I really don't understand this superiority complex that you Finns (at least the jack-offs that post here) have. When's the last time Finland set the world alight? In anything? You can even include non-soccer accomplishments, if there are any.

Finland wouldn't last two weeks in CONCACAF qualifying, where visiting teams have to face fans that throw bags of piss and batteries at players, play in some of the worst weather conditions on Earth, and face possibly the most biased officiating in soccer (yes, it's called soccer here, get over it, it's not like we're the ones who came up with the term) history.

Sports accomplishments? well we have this guy with no testicals who drives circles with a car, and before him we had this another guy who also drove a car and actually won a few world championships in car driving, he also had a degree in English literature...

To be serious though, I think Litmanen & Hyypiä have won more trophies than all your lumberjacks combined.

Mikael Forssell (who the f u c k is radzinski?, Mika Väyrynen (Litmanen's follower) and Teemu Tainio (the complete midfield anchor) are the most exciting future stars and a bit more talented than your scottish 1st division tobleronheads.

But hey, don't take my word for it, let's just see what happens next month. I'd say 3-1.

I don't think the result of a meaningless friendly in a month will show the quality of CONCACAF soccer. How about recent results in games that mean something. Say the Copa America. The Americas version of the Euro Championships. Honduras 2 Bolivia 0; Honduras 1 Uruguay 0; Honduras 2 BRAZIL 0 in the quarter-finals. In the semis they lost to the hosts from Colombia.

In the World Cup: Costa Rica 1 Turkey 1 and if Winston Parks hadn't missed an empty net then the World Cup semifinalists are out and Costa Rica moves on. Of course the Turks are nothing compated to Finland. You guys could easily go beat them right? Since Costa Rica and Honduras are such **** teams.

It would be good for you guys to go down to Turkey. I hear they're a little exciteable down there. Sure the weather isn't bad, there's air to breathe and they don't throw piss, batteries, coins and bottles on the pitch, but at least the Turkish fans would give a small sense of what it's like to go to Honduras or Guatemala.

I'm glad Litmanen and Hyppia have won trophies with Ajax and Liverpool. That has so much bearing on how good the Finnish national team is. No one is saying there aren't great Finnish players and that Finland has a pretty good team, but surely anyone with a clue can see that there is no basis for the arrogance the Finns have shown on this board. It's baseless and frankly makes you look like you know **** all about soccer, football or whatever else you feel like calling it.

cheers,

matthew

the finns are nothing but minnows in europe.what has finland ever done soccer wise.even the national hockey team has a long consistent history of choking.the only time finland wins something in hockey,its by default or with an asterix.ie world junior championships late 80s canada russia 45 minute bech clearing brawl with the lights off(remember that)well t5hey got kicked out of tourney and by DEFAULT finland took the gold out of the trash.

Guest Jeffery S.

Canada is better than Finland in NA style football, baseball, basketball, hockey, rugby, boxing, on the track, tennis, golf, field hockey, downhill skiing, xtreme sports, swimming, diving, cycling on the track, road racing, mountain bike, triathlon, rhythm gymnastics, normal gymnastics, synchro swimming, volleyball, waterpolo....

We are maybe tied in car racing overall, though the Finns may have a slight edge. Maybe in sailing too.

Finland is probably better at handball, field events, shooting, cross country skiing, ski jumping, and yes, football. I think you have the edge. Mind you we haven't played a home game in years. Playing in Finland will give you the edge in the next match. I like the Finns, my first love was the daughter of a Finn. Very beautiful. A bit short, but I am too. I like the Finns, but you are not a sporting power. Canada is much more complete in that regard.

So a bit of perspective guys, we fans suffer because we are not stronger in a sport that is truly international and would give us prestige in our eyes at least. But we fans are a minority in Canada, part of living in a highly pluralistic society, unlike yours.

I'd have to say that the Fins have a fairly distinct advantage in motorsports. Their domination of rally is enough to put them over the top, and their recent success in Formula 1 (Hakkinen two-time champion, Raikonenn a future champion, possibly this year) only confirms their status in auto-racing.

Plus, the once rich and hugely respected Canadian motorsports has seemingly imploded in the span of a year. With the ban on tobaco sponsorship and the lack of corporate support, the base of Canadian talent, the Players system is gone leaving young drivers with virtually no where to go and no financial support. Our Grand Prix is dead, and our CART race is not far behind, leaving what little hype, public support and subsequent coporate support Cdn racing had, hanging from a thread. And in the role of the ironic cherry on top, our one superstar driver, and the one link to the man who basically established Cdn motorsports (Gilles) has seen his career go down the ****ter this season, and even admits his career most likely is over. I'm talking about Jacques, ofcourse.

Greg Moore could have done so much to help sustain racing in this country because of his talent, but especially because of his huge popularity and the way he captured the imaginations of Cdn fans, just like Gilles did. But unfortunately, any hope Moore held for racing in Canada went out the window on Halloween 99.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Canada is better than Finland in NA style football, baseball, basketball, hockey, rugby, boxing, on the track, tennis, golf, field hockey, downhill skiing, xtreme sports, swimming, diving, cycling on the track, road racing, mountain bike, triathlon, rhythm gymnastics, normal gymnastics, synchro swimming, volleyball, waterpolo....

We are maybe tied in car racing overall, though the Finns may have a slight edge. Maybe in sailing too.

Finland is probably better at handball, field events, shooting, cross country skiing, ski jumping, and yes, football. I think you have the edge. Mind you we haven't played a home game in years. Playing in Finland will give you the edge in the next match. I like the Finns, my first love was the daughter of a Finn. Very beautiful. A bit short, but I am too. I like the Finns, but you are not a sporting power. Canada is much more complete in that regard.

So a bit of perspective guys, we fans suffer because we are not stronger in a sport that is truly international and would give us prestige in our eyes at least. But we fans are a minority in Canada, part of living in a highly pluralistic society, unlike yours.

Finland definitely dominates in pesapallo, however.

I'm not from Canada. I'm American born and raised. My country had a nice little run last summer. I checked the tables for Finland's results, but couldn't find them. I guess they were erased. Finland isn't better than the US, Mexico, Costa Rica, or Honduras. Costa Rica finished 1st in qualifying. Ahead of both the US and Mexico, a world cup quarter finalist and 2nd rounder. They missed qualifying for the 2nd round due to goal differential. Brazil and Turkey were in their group. Honduras just missed qualifying, but destroyed Sloveinia's top team 5-1. I believe that qualified ahead of Finland. I would like to point out that Canada has appeared in 1 world cup. That is 1 more than Finland.

Donovan is the real deal. Made the 2002 WC All-Tournament First Team. Anybody who doesn't think he is a top striker in CONCACAF is obviously missing the boat on the main criteria, namely scoring. Donovan scores and scores and scores ....

I'm not from Canada. I'm American born and raised. My country had a nice little run last summer. I checked the tables for Finland's results, but couldn't find them. I guess they were erased. Finland isn't better than the US, Mexico, Costa Rica, or Honduras. Costa Rica finished 1st in qualifying. Ahead of both the US and Mexico, a world cup quarter finalist and 2nd rounder.

Cheers, CY. You guys did far better than anyone expected, and the win against Mexico was worth full marks. You did CONCACAF proud, and you went a lot farther than certain favourites I could mention.

Or rather, will mention. Do the words and figures "5-0 Portugal" mean anything any more?

A good showing in 02, making believers even out of cynics like me. My wish is no longer to see the US fall, but to see Canada meet the example you've set.

Allez les Rouges,

M@

P.S. But if you think I'd be non-partisan in a Can-USA friendly, well, that's just nuts, i'nt it?

The last time we met the turks was in 1998, in an away match (European Championship qualifier) we won 3-1, in Istanbul.

The ref pulled the usual stunts and gave 9 minutes of extratime but to no avail.

I willingly admit our team material is too narrow and that if injuries occur our team is in trouble, but the most important reason of our failure to qualify in a world cup lies on the shoulders of the Finnish FA, incompetent leadership and management have stalled our progress, which other f*cking football association gives a new deal to a coach that has failed two times in a row to qualify to a major tournament?

quote:Originally posted by Ed

Donovan is the real deal. Made the 2002 WC All-Tournament First Team. Anybody who doesn't think he is a top striker in CONCACAF is obviously missing the boat on the main criteria, namely scoring. Donovan scores and scores and scores ....

landon donovan.. that surfer dude who sank to total anonymity in Leverkusen? wow, he's scored a few goals in the mexican second division.. ups.. ment to write mls. and what the hell did he do in the last World Cup? if he was such a success why is it that he still plays in the american sunday league?

landon donovan.. that surfer dude who sank to total anonymity in Leverkusen? wow, he's scored a few goals in the mexican second division.. ups.. ment to write mls. and what the hell did he do in the last World Cup? if he was such a success why is it that he still plays in the american sunday league?

Again, another example that illiteracy must be at epidemic proportions in Finland.

The last time we met the turks was in 1998, in an away match (European Championship qualifier) we won 3-1, in Istanbul.

The ref pulled the usual stunts and gave 9 minutes of extratime but to no avail.

I willingly admit our team material is too narrow and that if injuries occur our team is in trouble, but the most important reason of our failure to qualify in a world cup lies on the shoulders of the Finnish FA, incompetent leadership and management have stalled our progress, which other f*cking football association gives a new deal to a coach that has failed two times in a row to qualify to a major tournament?

canada, unfortunately!

quote:Originally posted by mattbin

Cheers, CY. You guys did far better than anyone expected, and the win against Mexico was worth full marks. You did CONCACAF proud, and you went a lot farther than certain favourites I could mention.

Or rather, will mention. Do the words and figures "5-0 Portugal" mean anything any more?

A good showing in 02, making believers even out of cynics like me. My wish is no longer to see the US fall, but to see Canada meet the example you've set.

Allez les Rouges,

M@

P.S. But if you think I'd be non-partisan in a Can-USA friendly, well, that's just nuts, i'nt it?

Cheers Mattbin,

I cheer for Canada when they aren't playing the US. Mostly due to the great Canadian fans I've met here and on bigsoccer. We share a common culture. Our sports have always been intertwined. I'd love to see the boys from the north put one over on Mexico. Imagine if both Canada and US qualify for Germany 2006 and Mexico doesn't. They'd be really pissed off :D It's something that could very well happen. Canada is coming up, while Mexico is declining.

Funny things said here. Who started writing about canadian lovers and sexual abilities in this topic: Canadians, that proves something about you.

Who started comparing some pseudosports? Canadians

Who blame Finns for illiteracy? Canadians, try to write something in different languages yourselves.

I can in swedish,english(poorly),german and italian.

And back to soccer: Finland`s latest FIFA-ranking position: 38, how about Canada?

In October Finland plays obviously with B-team against Canada, so result will be 2-0

P.S. Are you so blind that you don`t see that most of these finns here write only to piss you off? We`ll get good laughs, when you answer and try desperately to convince how superior you are [:X]

Archived