canadian players

tukkijätkä

quote:Originally posted by Krammerhead

(For the Moderators of this board-when I come to the Voyageurs main discussion page I see the huge list of Forum Terms Conditions and Rules. Does anyone enforce them?)

I have been trying to stay out of it because there have been a few requests to let these threads go (this is the first pseudo-request for some moderation (yeah, I know, you weren't really requesting it, but at least you questioned it)). But things have gotten out of hand so I'm going to be a bit more vigilant.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Re

Hey Finns, you would actually be better in football if it weren't for the fact that your best players are all from East Karelia.

Players from East Karelia tend to play their possible internationals for Russia:D

Re

Hey Finns, you would actually be better in football if it weren't for the fact that your best players are all from East Karelia.

Players from East Karelia tend to play their possible internationals for Russia:D

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Moose

Oh geez, I didn't know that, you mean East Karelia is not part of Finland anymore? How did that happen?

• 1 month later...

Oh'Gee our small nation lost a tiny part in the WWII, defending it, by our own against "The Big Red" Soviet Union.

Well that makes us quite incapable of warfare doesn't it!?

And what the *uck has it to do with football anyway?

Jeffrey S. - The Slayer and War Hero of all our days!

I'll build you a monument..

*uck off

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Rudi

Only a troll digs up a thread from a month and a half ago just to start a flame war.

My comment was very provocative as this is a highly sensitive issue in Finland. The region should probably be returned to Finland if it hasn't already. Finnish history is very honorable and I was trying to get a reaction, but didn't expect it to come so late, the funny reaction was by that Finn who asked which players were born in Karelia, as if he didn't know his own history. These guys are probably very young, but even still by grade 8 they have all sat sadly in class learning about losing it. So he was alright to tell me to screw off, ahem, my apologies to the Finns.

Litmanen their hero was a late sub for Ajax yesterday and did not do a thing. That is where they are more profoundly mistaken these Finns.

My comment was very provocative as this is a highly sensitive issue in Finland.

And no wonder. I shudder to think about the Finns and the Russians being drawn into the same qualifying group. God help Collina if it ever happens!

Allez les Rouges,

M@

• 2 weeks later...

Im Canadian and I wud jsut like 2 say 1 thing:

I like Canada and I watch them play whenever i can but as a team, i think they aren't very good. This may be bcuz i spend alot of time watching european soccer but I feel the finns have a much harder qualification stage in europe than we do in CONCACAF. any team who can make it in the top 3 of any group in EURO can probably qualify in CONCACAF. A good example of Canada's comparison to european team was when they lsot to malta about a year or two ago. I also think that Olsieks departure was the right move bcuz really, in the long run, Canada hasnt been doing much better than it was in b4 he came, altho at the middle of his time in charge it looked like things were moving up, they just went to a steady downfall and i dont think they are much better now than they were about 6 years ago.

Archived