Titles on Different Continents

RJB

Fluminese won the Copa Libertadores yesterday, which means Marcelo has won the continental title in Europe(Real Madrid) and South America(Fluminese). I don't believe he's the only one, but who else has done it, and has anyone done three different continents?

Also, I was reading again recently about Lutz Pfannenstiel, and as we likely all know he played on every continent.  What about domestic titles?  Who has won domestic titles/trophies on different continents?

7 hours ago, rydermike said:

Sebastian Giovinco won Serie A, MLS, and the Saudi League

Nice, that's trophies on three continents.  Surely that can't be topped.... but may be equalled?

(honestly, because I'm a stat geek, I'd love it to be bettered :))

Edited by RJB

• 1 month later...

Lippi won the Asian Champions League in 2013, adding to his 1996 Champions League with Juventus.

Not sure there's anyone else who's coached to a championship in 2 continents? Francisco Maturana has won the Libertadores (and a Copa América) and a couple of Asian titles (Super Cup, Cup Winners Cup) but not their CL. Bela Guttmann won (another) European Cup coaching Benfica in '62 and lost in the Libertadores final a few months later

And don't forget Holger has a Gold Cup and an Asian Champions League. Not quite the same question but he was also a lost final away from adding an Asian Cup, not sure if he would have been the first to win confederation titles in 2 different continents.

Edited by themodelcitizen

Perhaps he's the only one to manage in to finals on different continents?

See Benzema is in the Club World Cup with a Saudi team.  He and some others perhaps could claim the title for teams on two different continents.