FAST Channels - FIFA+ (Samsung TV Plus CA) DAZN (Pluto TV/LG CA)

On 8/11/2023 at 5:19 PM, Joe MacCarthy said:

Sevilla vs Valencia is on now, live (Pluto DAZN) so there will be live games above the level we might think.

Anyone out there now in Germany, are you able to check this out.

DAZN now has a dedicated Canadian FAST channel on LG TV. I am not sure what broadcasts make up the schedule as I don't have a guide, but today I was able to watch PNE vs QPR live and later there were some two day old CL games on.  Right now there is a two month old UEL game ending and starting is UCL Napoli vs Real Madrid.

So if your TV has WebOS, you should be able to access the DAZN Canada FAST channel, free and legal on LG TV.

While I'm here, for those who might not be aware, Pluto, Plex and Tubi are all available in Canada on the web (free and legal) as an easy way of access.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Was just watching DAZN Canada and there was a story about body cams. 

I was preoccupied with something else and only half watching but they outfitted a few of the girls for a women's practice (in England?) with a skin tight vest that had a round port hole like camera (about three inches wide) in the middle of it.

It provided an excellent mid-wide view that wasn't jittery and while juggling and passing the ball they tried chesting it to no detriment to the view or camera.

I can definitely see this becoming part of a pro broadcast.

• Joe MacCarthy changed the title to FAST Channels - Golazo! (Pluto TV US) FIFA+ (Samsung TV Plus CA) DAZN (LG CA)

As I posted in another thread, Golazo has been DRMed (simply put, a stronger form of geoblocking)  This came just in time for the transfer of Tajon Buchanan to Serie A which of course is carried by Golazo.

Also LaLiga+ seems to have gone the same route.

That leaves us with:
FIFA+ on Samsung TV Plus Canada
DAZN Canada on Pluto TV Canada and LG TV
BeIN Sports Xtra Canada on Pluto TV Canada and Samsung TV Plus Canada
Realmadrid TV on Tubi TV Canada

• Joe MacCarthy changed the title to FAST Channels - FIFA+ (Samsung TV Plus CA) DAZN (Pluto TV/LG CA)

No problem, but the reason for the thread being for free and legal is not only the big crackdown on illegal IPTV operations these days but free and legal for the most part sticks around and doesn't disappear suddenly.

That may sound contradictory to what I just posted about Golazo and LaLiga+ but they are free and legal to their areas.  I now know that (as a hard core cord cutter) I can pull together enough channels that are exclusively for Canada to have a fairly decent selection of channels even if some of the international channels (once open) now get blocked.

It's somewhat similar to the open source movement.  You can get software for "free" that isn't legal and you can get legally free software but that doesn't help build the open source movement and I'd like to see the FAST channel universe grow (which it is)

Even the FAST channels come at a price, (the time you have a for a commercial) but that's a first world problem.  People will always want to spend money but I want the choice of not having to, hence this thread and the Open Source "Free" Software thread and the Free and Legal Cord Cutting thread

• 1 month later...
On 2/25/2024 at 12:30 PM, Joe MacCarthy said:

As I posted in another thread, Golazo has been DRMed (simply put, a stronger form of geoblocking)  This came just in time for the transfer of Tajon Buchanan to Serie A which of course is carried by Golazo.

Some latest news.  LocalNow now carries Golazo!  I realize those with cable/satellite can access this channel or watch CBS but for those of us who are hard core cable cutters (no paid services) this is now available.

As Golazo! carries many Serie A games live (often Inter) and later rebroadcasts them we can now see these games on LocalNow.  This post explains how. 

Here's a tip, activate the gimmick before navigating to the LocalNow webpage or refresh the page once you're there.  That is for educational purposes only, I would never advocate for the  acquisition of cross border streams and the very, very light grey legal issues that would stem from that.