Match Thread: August 16, 2021 - Valour v Pacific

narduch

22 hours ago, Cheeta said:

If RRR can't put on smoke the away support can?

I am hearing third-hand that it appears the incident might actually result in RRR getting permission to do smoke. At least our President was asked to provide the pyro guidelines/policy used at Starlight to possibly be used as a model for other clubs. It really isn't hard to do it safely and given their location in the stands it shouldn't really be a problem for those who don't like it.

On a personal note, always having a mask around means I am less bothered by it myself. ;)

Great performance by Pacific. Their ball control, passing and movement is better than at any point in their history. Aparicio finally showed his quality in this match. Valour left way too much space for Pacific's deep lying midfielder (Sean Young in the first half) to get on the ball and turn.

As great as Bustos has been, is he a 1 trick pony? Defenders are taking away his ability to cut in on his left foot and get his shot off. Sure, players like Arjen Robben made a career out of that, but they are the exception. If he really wants to play at the highest level like he keeps talking about, he needs to show that he can do more.