Match Thread: August 16, 2021 - Valour v Pacific

narduch

Just now, Colliedor said:

When Gale complains that he and his team don't get enough respect, this is why.

Some decent players, poorly managed however imo.

I actually think he's done a decent job managing the players he has. I don't think he's putting them in a position to fail, and they are playing a much better brand of football than the first two seasons. The talent just isn't there, and although that's partly down to the team underspending the cap, it's also down to Gale's poor recruiting.

This is starting to feel like year 1. Fans in the stands, no goals, and just can’t put anything together. Too many players just existing and players starting to get frustrated with each other. 

Edit: how was that not a foul.

Edited by Wippersuna

3 minutes ago, Wippersuna said:

This is starting to feel like year 1. Fans in the stands, no goals, and just can’t put anything together. Too many players just existing and players starting to get frustrated with each other. 

Edit: how was that not a foul.

I had a huge worry about the interest being lower this year. Thankfully it was just summer tournament syndrome. It's actually probably higher than ever.

2 hours ago, davey_twelve said:

Were they saying boo or Bustos?

Clan Bustos were out tonight so there really was no other choice but to give the man the gears all night.  It got "better" as the evening got on and I have to say, he wasn't liking it one bit.   It was grand. 

In a proper mood because it took me a 1/2 hour to get through the gate as my ticket app wouldn't work but was well worth the troubles just to be part of the choir singing "Busto's mom has it going on". 

To the rest, comment more after a re-watch but whatever passes for a forward plan with this Valour team, or a defensive plan for that matter, has broken down and am not sure there is an immediate answer.   Just watching Pacific's movements for long periods of the match must make that clear. 

P.S. Voyageur Elder, redhat, enjoying another birthday this week.  Well done, not dead yet, Old Man!  

Edited by Cheeta

10 hours ago, Cheeta said:

Clan Bustos were out tonight ...

They were enthusiastic which was great but I wish they hadn't popped smoke. Just like RVV and the the game at Starlight with Edmonton fans, we are getting called out for fans who are not members of a Supporters Group, don't live here, and don't know the rules we follow. I just hope they didn't cause any damage. 

^ Yeah, fan controlled pyro is a real touchy subject at IG Field.  I write fan controlled because the Bombers are real fond of gysers of pyro right at field level for their games.  A smoke flare on a concrete stand is another matter.

A "kick them out" chant took hold instantly and security responded.  Got a reprieve in the end, but still.  If RRR can't put on smoke the away support can?

They were good and good on them for doing it.  Had fun.  Come back and do it again.  No harm meant I know, but leave the flares at home.