Can we talk jerseys?

Patrick

On 6/7/2019 at 11:15 AM, JuicyHam said:

Is there anywhere you can get clearance Umbro kits? I'm assuming no but I figured I'd ask because like many here I'm not going to pay that much for such a bland Nike Canada shirt. 

sportchek every now and again has them on the clearance racks

Watching the pre-game show and the long Christine SInclair  love fest (well deserved) but the child who idolizers her just hammers home how little the CSA does to market their players or support their fans.  The jersey the kid is wearing is unavailable, the posters and pictures on her wall are all home made or small hand outs from games.  There's nothing I can buy today for my daughter to support her love of Canadian soccer.

30 minutes ago, Patrick said:

Watching the pre-game show and the long Christine SInclair  love fest (well deserved) but the child who idolizers her just hammers home how little the CSA does to market their players or support their fans.  The jersey the kid is wearing is unavailable, the posters and pictures on her wall are all home made or small hand outs from games.  There's nothing I can buy today for my daughter to support her love of Canadian soccer.

We get it.

Edited by BuzzAndSting

3 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Well probably not considering you keep posting here... Maybe try voicing your concerns through a medium they actually monitor?

Believe me, I have. repeatedly, and I have never received a response. I sent exactly what I wrote above to them through their website contact and my money says they won't respond, again.  If you have any other suggestions on how this can be fixed I would love to hear them.

3 minutes ago, Patrick said:

Believe me, I have. repeatedly, and I have never received a response. I sent exactly what I wrote above to them through their website contact and my money says they won't respond, again.  If you have any other suggestions on how this can be fixed I would love to hear them.

I don't because there's nothing else you can do. You can't force them to print posters for you, sell youth jerseys or market their players in way you approve of. And posting the same thing here multiple times won't do anything either. 

Just now, BuzzAndSting said:

I don't because there's nothing else you can do. You can't force them to print posters for you, sell youth jerseys or market their players in way you approve of. And posting the same thing here multiple times won't do anything either.  

I'm sure you know how to block me if it's that annoying.  You actually have to choose to read and respond to my posts.  That's on you.  On the other hand, maybe my complaining will get a few more people to complain and something might change.  I remember quite well being told to stop complaining about the CSA's funding of the women's program in the '90s, being told that nobody cared.  Obviously some people did care and things did change.  Maybe my voice was really small but it was still there, and still heard.

5 hours ago, Patrick said:

I was happy to see a HFX Wanderers flag in her bedroom. We have Voyageurs flag but no Soccer Canada flag.

Everyone on this thread is also asking the same thing - great ad but where can we buy a customized jersey.

Edited by red card

42 minutes ago, red card said:

I was happy to see a HFX Wanderers flag in her bedroom. We have Voyageurs flag but no Soccer Canada flag.

Yeah, it's not like Canadian fans won't buy stuff if it's priced remotely fairly, and I am very happy to see the CSA get roasted for the lack of buying options.  I note the CSA twitter feed has not responded to the questions.

I wrote to Canada soccer in February about where to buy jerseys that could be customized and other merchandise and they emailed me back saying keep a look out for stuff at the end of May. I wrote them back a couple of weeks ago saying that I thought they were missing an opportunity to sell merch with the world cup and the gold cup going on, and that the list of sportchek locations on their website felt like a pathetic bare minimum. Still waiting for a response. Is the CSA overwhelmed or just out of ideas? Maybe there will be something more for WCQ but I'm not holding my breath, or spending my money.