TFC and KW United strike partnership

5 minutes ago, Kent said:

So I guess no KW United to CPL in 2018, or to L1O for that matter. Neither are surprising, but still a bit disappointing in my opinion.

When we last talked to the owner of KW United, less than a week ago when the deal was already signed and we were just waiting on TFC to announce it, she specifically said it has ZERO impact on CPL. It's a year to year agreement. United can opt out whenever they want to.

As for L1O, the ownership will not make that jump. There is quite a bit of bad blood there now. 

19 minutes ago, Levi Oakey said:

When we last talked to the owner of KW United, less than a week ago when the deal was already signed and we were just waiting on TFC to announce it, she specifically said it has ZERO impact on CPL. It's a year to year agreement. United can opt out whenever they want to.

As for L1O, the ownership will not make that jump. There is quite a bit of bad blood there now. 

Good to know regarding CPL. Thanks for the clarification.

I'm still disappointed about the L1O thing though, regardless of where exactly the blame lies. I was hoping KW United and FC London could both contribute to raising the tide in L1O.

24 minutes ago, Kent said:

Good to know regarding CPL. Thanks for the clarification.

I'm still disappointed about the L1O thing though, regardless of where exactly the blame lies. I was hoping KW United and FC London could both contribute to raising the tide in L1O.

Yeah, I wonder exactly what happened. I very much want to see a strong, unified L1O, but I imagine if I'd built a team up with my own effort and funds, I'd be peeved at attempts to push me into a league that didn't suit my purpose (grooming NCAA players as an agent) 

8 minutes ago, Offside said:

Is this owner From KW united the agent for a lot of the kids at tfc?

I believe so. Remember hearing rumours that TFC was only offering contracts to players with an agent preferred preferred by TFC, and Maclean was one of them. But again, that was gossip, not necessarily fact

Archived