CPL: Who do you see coaching?

matty

A lot has been said about the CPL but I'm curious who everyone sees coaching in the league on day 1. I personally think we'll see a lot of Canadians on staffs but only around 3-5 head coaches. I think guys like Marcina, Dasovic, Brennan, Miller and Watson are likely going to be there but question whether a Yallop or dos Santos will come. I'm also sure we'll see Hart make his pro club management debut in the CPL.

What kind of coaches do you see coming in?

I'm just going to throw this out there, but what about successful coaches from lower levels? I'm thinking about guys like Carmine Isacco (York University and I think Woodbridge Strikers) or Bobby Smyrniotis (not sure of spelling, the Sigma guy). I think finding guys like them is one of the benefits of having our own leagues, whatever the tier.

10 hours ago, Kent said:

I'm just going to throw this out there, but what about successful coaches from lower levels? I'm thinking about guys like Carmine Isacco (York University and I think Woodbridge Strikers) or Bobby Smyrniotis (not sure of spelling, the Sigma guy). I think finding guys like them is one of the benefits of having our own leagues, whatever the tier.

I agree that the league will benefit them down the road but I think ownership will go after guys with MLS, NASL and national team experience before they approach lower level guys. What might happen is we see some L1O type guys coming into the league as assistants and growing into bigger roles.

Archived