Canadians in USL

• 1 month later...

Mid point in USL season, and the canadians are well represented throughout the league.  The USL even has Davies as one of the favorites for rookie of the year.  By my count, 15 different CDN kids were in the weekly starting 11, with Didic being the only 2 time team of the week starter (I didnt count the bench selections).  Cox, R. Edwards, Haber, Anthony Gonzalez and Malik Johnson are all in top 20 for goal scorers.  Keepers, Smits, Irving, Crepeau and Ranjitsingh are all having good seasons and showing up in the statistical leaderboard.  

Plenty of kids starting with US teams as well, Lareya, Dominic Samuels, Anthony-Kaye, Tyler pasher, Amir Didic, Jordan Murell top name a few.  Hats off to Steven Sandor for compiling all the minutes in his Canadian power rankings (88 CDN kids in USL action, WOW!).  Little did I know I was better off watching Rochester, Orlando B or Swope Park Rangers....than the whitecaps if I wanted to see CDN's.  Keep up the good work Steve, I am going to enjoy the USL until the CPL starts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A couple kids I've been following are Dominic Samuel (2015 League1 Ontario Defender of the Year) and Brad Kamdem (former Calgary Foothills LB) in Rochester. Sounds like both have gotten some good minutes on a squad that is more geared towards winning than development.

Also, Michael Cox formerly of FC Edmonton has 8 goals with Orlando City B. Not bad for someone who was the CIS Golden Boot winner last year.

How about DIdic with Swope park.  Plays every game, he is 6'4, been in the team of the week starting 11 twice this season.  Bio says he was with FC edmonton reserves.  Scored a ton in NAIA (Baker Universty) as a CB.  Swope is pretty good, Dos Santos ought to be able to steer him towards canada eh?  

• 1 month later...

Swope park made it to playoffs with 2 CDN kids scoring on last game of season (DIdic and Pasher).  DIdic has made team of the week 4-5 times I think.  Plus he and Pasher both got called up to SKC for CCL.  Maybe a meeting with VWC2 in the western final is in the cards?  

11 minutes ago, Complete Homer said:

Steve Sandor's tracking topped out at 104 Canadians with minutes this year, pretty good! If the domestic rules really do change, I could see guys like Didic, Irving, and Cox looking at depth positions in MLS

I would agree with these three. In addition, I would think Smits, Pasher, Kamdem and Samuel could have a shot at an MLS deal as well.

Archived