Could Quebec City support a C-League club?

1 hour ago, Coramoor said:

Quebec City needs an owner, probably a new stadium, and both a CFL and CPL team. Unfortunately Ownership seems to be the primary issue and with Quebec City funding the new arena, I can't see money coming from them for a new stadium as well

Yeah but Quebec city is mostly French speakin, not like Montreal which is 50/50

I see Quebec City getting a team in the future if it can land an NHL team or find someone willing to foot the bill for it. That said it's gonna become a matter of balance. If the league does do a conference set up, which I'm betting it will, Quebec could become an odd man out city until a market out west pops up to even out the league which is going to be difficult.

Currently, odds are Vancouver, Calgary, Regina, Winnipeg, Hamilton, Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal having teams in the first year with Edmonton likely to join not long after. I see Edmonton being balanced out by a Maritime team mostly because of the WWC and the idea that a Maritime/Atlantic Canada team would be able to pounce on the empty market. After that I don't see them expanding unless they can have the same number of teams in each conference. While they could try and do a single table system I don't see it happening solely because of travel costs which I think is also going to minimize inter conference play a lot.

Quebec City getting a team is going to be dependant on someone in Victoria, Saskatoon or even Thunder Bay also being willing to commit to a team and a stadium with 10,000 seats being built in Thunder Bay's case.

There's a Québec City-based Impact supporters' group, so, let them do their thing if anything happens.  And I'm not going to tell people in Québec City how to do something, because they need something concrete.However, I'm reading that Québec doesn't have a stadium, that is wrong.  They have a 12000 seat stadium that has opened 4 years ago (at Université  Laval).  It's clearly not big enough for the CFL, but it's big enough to be in the CPL. Now, the question is if you can get a lease. 

Archived