USSDA Playoff Results.

Dub Narcotic

Didn't realize the U-14's were involved as well this year and Toronto are involved(!). I'm sure MLS still hates Canada and we need our own league or something.

U-14:

Toronto 2 - DCU 0

Toronto 2 - Seattle 3

Toronto 1 - BW Gotschee 0

U-16:

Montreal 1 - Chicago Fire 0

Montreal 1 - RSL AZ 1

Montreal 2 - Strikers SC 3

Vancouver 6 - Concorde Fire 1

Vancouver 5 - Chicago PSG 1

Vancouver 0 - Arsenal FC 0

U-18

Montreal 2 - Philly Union 2

Montreal 3 - LAG 2

Montreal 2 - Kendall SC 1

Vancouver 0 -  Shattuck St. Mary's 2

Vancouver 2 - Oakwood SC 1

Vancouver 1 - DCU 1

Ballou Tabla with a goal in each playoff game for Montreal to advance. He is the real deal. I hope the Impact help him progress because his natural attacking talent is unmatched in this country.

Is that with the "U18's"? (quotations because it is actually a U19 age bracket for 1996 and later d.o.b

July 8: Whitecaps FC vs. Georgia United (U-16) QF

July 7: Montreal Impact vs. Real So Cal (U-18) QF

Winners advance to the USSDA semi-finals and finals in L.A. This is the first time playoff games are being held in Canada as last year teams didn't want to cross the border. This year they were put on notice, but I think both Canadian teams will advance, those are brutal travel schedules for the visitors and both are lower seeds anyway.

U-16 QF: Vancouver 4-5 (2-2) Georgia United

Goals:

Michael Baldisimo

Cole Morokhovich

Good game. I think Vancouver was the better team overall. Perhaps this was influenced by them playing at home. But good competition and some nice football.

Good game. I think Vancouver was the better team overall. Perhaps this was influenced by them playing at home. But good competition and some nice football.

It's a decent advantage to have the opposition come all the way from Georgia to Vancouver at age 15/16 for a home game.

U-18 QF: Impact 3 - RSC 1

Goals:

Badreddine Boulajoul

Nevello Yoseke

Jimmy Sanon

They play Chicago Fire U-18 in the semi's at StubHub on the 18th. They lost at that stage last year.

I watched the game. Sanon impressed when he came on. No one else really did. Hope Ballou Tabla has a good semi final.

Impact U18 lost to Chicago in the Semi-Final after extra time.

GOAL SUMMARY tab-small-right.gif1x1.gif Montréal Impact FC U-17/18 Meilleur giguere, Thomas - 87' Sanon, Jimmy Shammar - 66' Chicago Fire U-17/18 Jimenez, Michael - 92' Lindley, Cameron - 61' 101' Mihalovic, Djordje - 79'

Impact U18 lost to Chicago in the Semi-Final after extra time.

GOAL SUMMARY

tab-small-right.gif

1x1.gif

Montréal Impact FC U-17/18

Meilleur giguere, Thomas - 87'

Sanon, Jimmy Shammar - 66'

Chicago Fire U-17/18

Jimenez, Michael - 92'

Lindley, Cameron - 61' 101'

Mihalovic, Djordje - 79'

Montreal were the better first half team, Chicago was all over them 2nd half and extra time. I really like Ballou Tabla but he missed at least a hat trick during this match. He had a real howler.

Archived