Copa America Soccer - 99 Years of History

soccerdavid

With all the anticipation here in America for the Copa coming up in June, we created this infographic for soccer fans like us.
Plus next year it will be the very first time that it will be played in U.S soil

That's why we've put together this content for you and your readers.
Feel free to use the embed code at the bottom of this page to post it on your site if you feel it suits well with your audience.

I've attached an original image file as well.
Please also feel free to send us your feedback.

copa-america-infographic-2015.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

CONMEBOL is now not so sure the Copa America Centenario will be held in the U.S. because of all the stuff and arrests connected with FIFA and CONMEBOL.  My question is where else can it be held and make the same amount of money?  Mexico, Brazil?

• 2 weeks later...

In the next few days CONMEBOL will decide is the Copa Centenario is played in the U.S. or not and how many teams will be added from CONCACAF.  It appears that key cities in the U.S. including the U.S.Federation have not show more interest in hosting games.  So it is likely that the Copa will be played in 2 to 4 countries in South America depending in total number of guest teams.

In the next few days CONMEBOL will decide is the Copa Centenario is played in the U.S. or not and how many teams will be added from CONCACAF.  It appears that key cities in the U.S. including the U.S.Federation have not show more interest in hosting games.  So it is likely that the Copa will be played in 2 to 4 countries in South America depending in total number of guest teams.

So strange. Even relatively less-significant football nations like Venezuela and Bolivia are huge draws in any number of US cities. And then think of the big dogs like Brasil or Argentina playing Mexico or the States. Somehow I think this must have more to do with money and politics and less to do with genuine interest.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived