MLS new TV deal...

Sounds like this could be the end of MLS Live in its current form.

I find it interesting that the advent of all these new channels (on both sides of the border) has led to networks over-paying for live sporting content. MLS ratings suck, I'm shocked that they manage to get that much money for their product. I'm not complaining because I hope that translates into a better on field product.

It is the national TV network choice as to whether the MLS Live game are blacked out or not. In this case TSN. So far this year the only games I have been sure about being shown are TVA games. There are work arounds, but you do lose the ability to watch games anytime you want.

It is the national TV network choice as to whether the MLS Live game are blacked out or not. In this case TSN. So far this year the only games I have been sure about being shown are TVA games. There are work arounds, but you do lose the ability to watch games anytime you want.

Yes, because I think that canadianfoot is a Whitecaps fan and no Whitecaps games are on MLS Live this year so he's just pissed off that the network will work on that and he can't make them believe that he's an American now because MLS Live won't exist in the US.

Yes, because I think that canadianfoot is a Whitecaps fan and no Whitecaps games are on MLS Live this year so he's just pissed off that the network will work on that and he can't make them believe that he's an American now because MLS Live won't exist in the US.

Good one, yes I'm a Whitecaps Fan but at same time I'm the one that showed on this forum how to "bypass" the system. Nothing official came out yet but I have a few friends in the telecom/media and they said it's coming just a matter of time.

An MLS exec said that MLS Live will survive in Canada. I'm too lazy to go find the article or tweet.

I think the reason for that is because the current TV deal in Canada still has 2 more years (it ends after the 2016 season). Things may change after the deal runs out.

ESPN is planning to put all the other MLS games on their ESPN3 streaming service, which is free I believe. That is good news for fans in the US.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived