Issey to Cyprus?

Just saw on his wiki page that he is now with AEK Larnaca. Perhaps this has already been mentioned here or this is false. Anyways just thought I'd see what the other V's thoughts on him coming back into the lineup moving forward. As I recall he did offer a good degree of pace on the wings.

Cheers

Just saw on his wiki page that he is now with AEK Larnaca. Perhaps this has already been mentioned here or this is false. Anyways just thought I'd see what the other V's thoughts on him coming back into the lineup moving forward. As I recall he did offer a good degree of pace on the wings.

Cheers

Yeah man it was a few pages back (if that) on the stickied Canadian players abroad thread I believe. Some V's were positive about him and even wanted him to start, some thought not so much. Me, personally, haven't seen him play alot. I did actually get a couple Brisbane roar games on TV this year believe it or not, and he didn't stand out, for better or worse in those couple of games. I like the player, like that he's a canuck, think he's probably talented, but trust to Hart that others like Ricketts and Hume stood out as better choices to use in actual gametime, from what he saw in training.

Yeah man it was a few pages back (if that) on the stickied Canadian players abroad thread I believe. Some V's were positive about him and even wanted him to start, some thought not so much. Me, personally, haven't seen him play alot. I did actually get a couple Brisbane roar games on TV this year believe it or not, and he didn't stand out, for better or worse in those couple of games. I like the player, like that he's a canuck, think he's probably talented, but trust to Hart that others like Ricketts and Hume stood out as better choices to use in actual gametime, from what he saw in training.

I guess the good thing about Issey, Ricketts and Hume is that they all offer something different. Issey is a technical/flair player, maybe the best Canuck technique wise and he loves to take on his man 1 v 1. With Hume you have a more direct, hard working, stuck in type of player who can take set pieces and score from range. Ricketts has limited technical ability but has speed to burn and is a pretty decent aerial threat in terms of winning balls but he's not really the type to score with his head consistently.

I guess the good thing about Issey, Ricketts and Hume is that they all offer something different. Issey is a technical/flair player, maybe the best Canuck technique wise and he loves to take on his man 1 v 1. With Hume you have a more direct, hard working, stuck in type of player who can take set pieces and score from range. Ricketts has limited technical ability but has speed to burn and is a pretty decent aerial threat in terms of winning balls but he's not really the type to score with his head consistently.

I agree with that. I think to that end, it would be interesting to stick Issey in with the forwards just to mix it up, because most of the other forwards that have been getting playing time are driving forward type of players as you say. It may be interesting to stick a more technical guy in there just so that the service is better to those midfielders that want to work and pound.

I agree with that. I think to that end, it would be interesting to stick Issey in with the forwards just to mix it up, because most of the other forwards that have been getting playing time are driving forward type of players as you say. It may be interesting to stick a more technical guy in there just so that the service is better to those midfielders that want to work and pound.

Well we really only have one forward spot and it's locked down by Occean with Jackson as a super sub for the time being. I'm guessing you mean the two wingers, that's where he fits in for sure.. for now I'd like to see him start making an impact at his club because if he doesn't there's a chance he'll be passed by REB.

Well we really only have one forward spot and it's locked down by Occean with Jackson as a super sub for the time being. I'm guessing you mean the two wingers, that's where he fits in for sure.. for now I'd like to see him start making an impact at his club because if he doesn't there's a chance he'll be passed by REB.

Yes I definitely mean winger. I was just assuming that if Issey played it would be 4-3-3 with the wingers considered as forwards. As for REB, I'm really looking forward to Bundesliga this season. Germany always has good Canadian content, especially if you consider Bundesliga 2. Besides De Jong (if healthy) and Occean (who I think may still get good playing time), you may see Samuel Piette a little there too! Maybe Junior Hoillett as well, but until/if he declares, I'm not a big fan of him.

That aside, I look forward to following REB, McKenna, maybe Rob Friend in 2 Bundesliga where I expect them to have good seasons! (I'd mention canadians in German 3, but they are harder to follow on the mainstream and I tend to only get much news of them through flashscore.com or forum notes.)

Yes I definitely mean winger. I was just assuming that if Issey played it would be 4-3-3 with the wingers considered as forwards. As for REB, I'm really looking forward to Bundesliga this season. Germany always has good Canadian content, especially if you consider Bundesliga 2. Besides De Jong (if healthy) and Occean (who I think may still get good playing time), you may see Samuel Piette a little there too! Maybe Junior Hoillett as well, but until/if he declares, I'm not a big fan of him.

That aside, I look forward to following REB, McKenna, maybe Rob Friend in 2 Bundesliga where I expect them to have good seasons! (I'd mention canadians in German 3, but they are harder to follow on the mainstream and I tend to only get much news of them through flashscore.com or forum notes.)

When we're attacking we are in a 4-3-3, when we're defending we fall back into a 4-5-1. I can't see De Jong or Piette playing much time on the wings anytime soon, Jazic's age is bound to catch him this cycle and De Jong will be needed in his primary position. Piette is just here for the experience, he's nowhere near ready for this IMO as a 17 year old kid.

If Hoilett is in this lineup, I think the tactics could change.

When we're attacking we are in a 4-3-3, when we're defending we fall back into a 4-5-1. I can't see De Jong or Piette playing much time on the wings anytime soon, Jazic's age is bound to catch him this cycle and De Jong will be needed in his primary position. Piette is just here for the experience, he's nowhere near ready for this IMO as a 17 year old kid.

All fair and agreed with, was more referring to excitement building for more European football (more specifically, watching Canadians participate in it), rather than roles they would fill with CMT.

Well hopefully with a home win vs. Panama and at least a tie in Panana and Honduras, we can let some of the younger guys like Piette (oh please cap him...) and Morgan get some WCQ experience for the final home game.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived