League Two Keeper at Euro 2012

RJB

John Ruddy is injured and so England calls up Jack Butland. Who?:

"Butland, has yet to make a senior appearance for Birmingham but made 24 appearances for League Two Cheltenham during a loan spell this season"

League two keeper goes to the Euros.

Being a "BLUENOSE" (a Birmingham City supporter, not someone from Nova Scotia) I think it's fantastic!!

Jack Butland is one of the best keepers to come through the club for many a long time and there are a few Prem clubs who have been snooping around for his services.

I can see him fighting it out with Joe Hart (ours for a season) and Ben Foster (still ours) for the England No.1

Ruddy gets called up and then breaks a finger. Thats bad luck.

However the fact that he's getting married next week and breaks his ring finger ...well.. what can you say?

Well you could say that his bride to be might actually be Wiccan, and decided she'd rather have hubby home for his honeymoon rather than swaning off into Far Eastern Europe.

But that might just be a fanciful knitting together of the facts.

However....

If she is Wiccan, any chance she could waft some sage grass smoke in the direction of the FA and exorcise the Ghost of Tournaments Past?

....Please

Guest Brethers

Now that Ruddy has broken a finger he has 5 working ones on that hand. Just living in the Norfolk air has mutated him...

I don't think Ruddy is that good anyway, and Butland isn't exactly going to be playing he's the 3rd choice with Green being the back up. If both Hart and Green run into trouble it will be interesting to see how Butland copes. Hope he does well!

Archived