Canadian quota for V's Cup

Why not even have the academy teams play each other shortly after (or before) the first teams? This works best on weekends but I remember when this was done for reserve matches right after TFC games there would be a decent crowd that would hang around. This was a few years back though.

Benefit for the academy teams is they get experience playing in larger stadiums/crowds and the rivalries develop early (provided enough academy players stay on with the first team in the future).

• 1 month later...

It seems the message got lost.

A very large section of our Canadian population and those that are Canadian born parents are not involved in soccer on a competive level for boys and for many dark reasons.

For many years I predicted that soccer will get it's recognition and ranking through our girls.

So boys and girls how do we get to get the Canadian born parents involved in competive boys soccer.This is the one that is holding us back from the WC .Why are they reacting against soccer,any ideas ,suggestions or even better how to rectify this.

It seems the message got lost.

A very large section of our Canadian population and those that are Canadian born parents are not involved in soccer on a competive level for boys and for many dark reasons.

For many years I predicted that soccer will get it's recognition and ranking through our girls.

So boys and girls how do we get to get the Canadian born parents involved in competive boys soccer.This is the one that is holding us back from the WC .Why are they reacting against soccer,any ideas ,suggestions or even better how to rectify this.

Hmm...media created obsession with hockey? Look at how they are ramming the lockout down our throats.

It is funny that most hockey fans in Canada feel so negatively towards soccer, yet every European hockey nation embraces soccer. I think some hockey fans feel threatened by soccer.

Regarding a Canadian quota for Voyageurs cup games, I really don't understand why this is not in place yet?

Would it kill these MLS clubs to start, lets say, 4 Canadians for these games?

TFC: Dunfield, Morgan, Henry, Stinson.

Impact: Bernier, Ouimette, Messoudi, Ilcu.

Caps: Rochat, Tiebert, Clarke, Alderson.

Pros:

-Additional development in general.

-Less pressure to bring in young players during MLS games.

-Experience may make prospects more MLS ready.

-Less headache for coaches during fixture congestion.

-Good excuse to rest key players for MLS games.

-Chance for clubs to justify purpose of academy.

Cons:

-FCE get competitive advantage since they already play Canadians.

-Pressure to sign MLS quality Canadians to gain advantage over rival MLS teams.

I would like to see this adopted next year, and increased to 5 players in 2013, 6 in 2014, and 7 in 2015. After that, I would be satisfied to see the quota capped at 7. I don't think this is too ambitious. If each Academy can't produce 1 player per year capable of playing at that level, there is something wrong with the system.

Archived