2012 CONCACAF Under-20 Women's Championship

Soccer9

• 1 month later...

It looks like it will be real last minute improvisation. I never tought we would find ourselves six weeks from the tournament with apparently nothing done. Otherwise, I would have suggested a national U20 tournament during the Christmas vacations, expenses at the charge of participants, with the prize being to represent Canada with the addition of some players at key positions. I have seen that at provincial level and it gave good results in a national competition in a sport other than soccer. At least, you have good cohesion on the play. You also attract the best players you can see in a competitive environment for future development without disbursing any money ! I know it is crazy ! But I would say not that more than having nothing apparently going with the deadline getting closer and closer !

Another piece of interesting news on the 2012 Womens U20 WC ... originally given to Uzbekistan (??!); was recently taken away from them by FIFA; who is now looking for a new host. Japan has offered to host and what a welcome change that would be.

Not sure where I read this first... but it was mentioned also on the US Soccer website.

Another piece of interesting news on the 2012 Womens U20 WC ... originally given to Uzbekistan (??!); was recently taken away from them by FIFA; who is now looking for a new host. Japan has offered to host and what a welcome change that would be.

Not sure where I read this first... but it was mentioned also on the US Soccer website.

Japan was confirmed as the new hosts in mid-December.

http://www.fifa.com/tournaments/archive/tournament=108/edition=258153/news/newsid=1559251.html

No More news. But as mentioned prep. camp and invites to players has been made.

Based on current attention on Olympic Qualifying and CSA history of announcing camps (late)... we probably wont see any announcements before 2 weeks. I hope I am wrong.

After the Olympic Qualifying rush, the CSA announced yesterday the long awaited U20 Prep-camp, with the WC qualifyers starting in one month: March 1. (U17 Camp is also on right now)

http://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-u-20f-begins-preparations-for-panama-p149041

New U20 WNT Coach: Andrew Olivieri, who has been the WNT goalie coach since Herdman has taken over.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1st Game of the U20 CONCACAF Finals tonight.

5pm (est). Games broadcast live on CONCACAF TV

Only 2 games under their belt, but starting with some less dangerous teams with Haiti up first, Jamaica on the 3rd and Mexico on the 5th.

Go Canada!

Canada 2 - Jamaica 0

(Canada assured spot in semis)

Tough game as it took Canada almost 70 min to score first. We need to get better. Lots of bad decision making in attacking 1/3... killing some good goal-scoring opportunities. We did see some good finishing though, the talent is there.

Next game Monday vs Mexico.

Game over, Canada wins 1-0. Mexico easily could have won game in the second half, Canada's goalkeeper was very solid and made no mistakes. Canada showed very little in the half, really bad passing, poor decision making and not much talent on display. We were lucky to win.

Archived