Sporting Kansas City

AvroArrow

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/sporting-kc-second-chance-first-impression

Yes, just want the league needs! Another word normally associated with European soccer clubs tagged on to an American team that has no connection what so ever. On the other hand, perhaps Kansas City is 75% Portuguese.

Here's hoping Dynamo Columbus and Los Angeles City are not too far behind.

While Sporting is usually associated with spanish or portuguese speaking clubs (Sporting Finigal of Ireland being an exception), it's easily less lame than Real Salt Lake. However, we're completely missing the point that the folks in Kansas actually paid more homage to the game here in North America than those of us in Toronto and Vancouver managed.

That SC on the crest... that stands for Soccer Club baby. I believe they already have a football team in Kansas. The chiefs or something like that ;)

While Sporting is usually associated with spanish or portuguese speaking clubs (Sporting Finigal of Ireland being an exception), it's easily less lame than Real Salt Lake. However, we're completely missing the point that the folks in Kansas actually paid more homage to the game here in North America than those of us in Toronto and Vancouver managed.

That SC on the crest... that stands for Soccer Club baby. I believe they already have a football team in Kansas. The chiefs or something like that ;)

I took the time to watch the archived name change ceremony.

The SC stands for Sporting Club. With the opening of the new stadium and a 3 field facility nearby the Sporting Club is expanding to include field lacrosse and rugby, at what level wasn't stated. But in order to pay for and hopefuly profit from the venues the SC KC owners are attempting to bring in more users.

Usually I hate adpoting Euro names but in this case it seems to fit.

Gotta love the area in the new stadium for a 2,000 supporter section where the supporters clubs get in for free idea..........by apllication through the supporters clubs.

^Yep they had a rep on It's Called Football chatting about it, he said SC is sporting club. Let's all laugh at out of touch marketing. I'd laugh at their logo but I can't figure out what it is, and it scares me.

No but if you're gonna build a stadium in a place like KC with an NFL stadium, an MLB stadium and an NCAA stadium.

You better figure out a way to use it the 350 days a year that it isn't being used for 15 home games or you're bankrupt pretty quick.

Did the fans of the Wizards actually have a problem with the name, or is this just a way of the directors to get what they want? The KC Wizards had at least some sort of tradition when it comes to the American soccer scene, so it seems really weird they want to throw that away...

This name change isn't adding credibility to the MLS for sure. Even though it's better than RSL or NYRB, I can't say it's a good change.

The Wizards are a bloody American club, not a Portuguese one! Therefore the name should be associated with America, not Portugal.

Archived