CSL 2010 Week 15

Result of the Friday August 13th CSL game between Portugal FC and TFC Academy played at Lamport Stadium in Toronto at 8:00pm.

43 min...TFCA Tristan Jackman GOAL...TFCA Arthur Casupanan cornerkick from left has PFC goalie blocked by a TFCA player planted at 5 yards so he can only punch ball downward. Jackman gets to rebound and he boots 7 yard shot from left into top left corner of net over defender guarding post.

58 min...TFCA Dino Gardner GOAL...Gardner on run takes 25 yard blast from right into low left corner of net beyond diving goalie Quillan Roberts as ball dips below him.

84 min...PFC Adrian Pena on give and go on rush into box up middle has TFCA Arthur Casupanan slide from behind to trip him at 4 yards. Referee Sylviu Petrescu calls for a Penalty kick.

85 min...PFC Adrian Pena GOAL...Pena blasts Penalty kick off bar as goalie Angelo Cavalluzzo dives to right post. Pena waits for rebound that deflects back to him and he heads 6 yarder that bounces into left corner of net beyond goalie and TFCA Jordan Murrell racing over to cover.

86 min...TFCA Joshua Janniere GOAL...Janniere run down field on right and gets centering pass and shoots 5 yard low shot from right into short side corner of net between post and goalie.

Final Score:.......Portugal FC........1..............TFC Academy...........3..............

Attendance was about 150 on this hot, humid, overcast evening. It eventually climbed another 50 at the very end as another permit group waited to take to the field to play after this game.

Portugal FC president Isac Cambas confirmed after the game that goalie Quillan Roberts is only 15 years old. The team decided to use him Cambas said after they went to Montreal last week and he played very well and shut out the Impact Academy 2-0. Regular goalie Mike Silva was on the bench tonight. I feel he could have stopped any or all of these goals.

Portugal FC could easily have built up a lead in the first half but for all their missed opportunities of inaccurate shooting. The Academy goalie before the half was key to building up team confidence. Their third goal scored within a minute of the lone PFC goal killed any chance of a comeback for Portugal.

The Academy are getting by without Matt Stinson, Brendan McNicoll, and Allando Mattheson who have left the team for scholarships. Defender Doneil Henry was also not in tonight's lineup. Their places are filled by Junior Academy players that were inserted into the lineup and last night the moves were flawless.

Sylviu Petrescu continues to referee a few CSL games as well as being an MLS referee. PA announcer Ennio found out he'll be the referee for the Toronto FC vs Cruz Azul (of Mexico) in the CONCACAF championship group game at BMO Field on Tuesday night rather than a more (in visiting team theory) 'neutral' referee from the USA. Tonight he gave out a few cards in a not too rough game between two well disciplined teams.

This game was broadcast on Rogers Community channel. In the last few weeks there was a rumour that City of Toronto was only going to let Rogers have one hour before the game started to enter the stadium and set up their mobile equipment which Rogers said they couldn't do in that short period of time but it looks like for now the problem has been resolved. Now the latest news is there will be no more television broadcasts from London for either 1. the same set-up rules, 2. not enough fans, or 3. the channel has enough commitments in covering the local baseball team in the playoffs. I'll have to look over the Rogers London television schedule to see if broadcasts are shown (London City didn't play last night).

Tonight's win jumps TFCA Academy two spots into 3rd place. Five teams have broken away (by at least six points) from the rest of the thirteen team league. Portugal FC are that 6th place team for now but could get knocked down by other results later this weekend.

Rocket Robin

robing@eol.ca

Montreal Impact Academy vs Brampton Lions, Saputo Stadium Saturday August 14th 1PM

Final score was 2-2 in front of about 70 people

Brampton( Daniel Cameira) scored first in the 12th minute or so. MIA midfielder Bastien Bourgault then got two yellow cards in the space of three minutes and was sent off in the 23rd minute. Despite being a man down the MIA eventually picked it up and Kevin Cossette scored a beauty just at the stroke of half-time. Brampton took the lead in the 70th minute when Daniel Nascimento put one past MIA keeper Maxime Crepeau. Brampton defender Giovanni Annisi got red carded late in the game for pulling down an MIA player just outside the box. Anthony Jackson Hamel tied it at 90 minutes. The 5 minutes of injury time produced nothing but more pushing and shoving and bad blood.

The MIA players played the best I have seen so far this year but their indiscipline still needs a lot of work. When they play smart, they do very well. When they lose their cool, they stink. Consider that in the 4 games I have seen them play this year they received 3 red cards.

No player stood out today except maybe Cossette who scored a beauty.

Result of the Sunday August 15, 2010 CSL game between York Region Shooters and Serbian White Eagles played at St Joan of Arc Catholic High School in Maple at 6:00pm.

23 min...White Eagles Stefan Vukovic GOAL...SWE Sasa Viciknez stops on run on right at 30 yards, he rolls pass forward through legs of YRS Rick Titus and SWE Shawn Brown at 20 yards passes left where Vukovic in open blasts low 25 yard shot to low right corner of net beyond diving goalie YRS Camilo Benzi.

47 min...Shooters Jason DeThomasis GOAL...DeThomasis on right cuts to center and blasts low 22 yard shot into left side of net beyond diving goalie Milos Kocic.

Final Score:........York Region Shooters..........1.................Serbian White Eagles............1............

Attendance was about 300 people on this hot humid early evening with the sun in the north west. The game ended just 20 minutes before a thunderstorm was overhead. It was a mix of fans from both teams.

Both teams had chances to get a winner. At 78 minutes SWE Milos Vucinic bends a cross from 20 yards to SWE Sasa Viciknez who one-touch blasts a 10 yard shot that the goalie bats down on the line and the ball is cleared. One minute later YRS Nicolas Martinez threads a pass up the middle from 30 yards and YRS Kadian Lecky chips a 15 yarder well over the bar with the goalie caught 8 yards off his line. At 90 minutes YRS Julio Garcia took a cornerkick from the right and YRS Frank Koue-Bi leapt and sent a 10 yard header over the net.

Referee Manuel Orellano gave out few cards (much to the disappointment of the White Eagles fans) in this mostly wide open game.

Both teams were strong defensively with White Eagles using Goran Vlaski, Mark Jankovic, Milos Vucinic, and Dragaorad Milicevic. Regulars Mirko Medic was sitting out a suspension for picking up five Yellow cards and Taylor Lord still was suffering from a muscle injury. Shooters defence was Aundrae Rollins, Rick Titus, Marcelo Capazolo, and Fitzroy Christey. Forwards for both teams would get by one defender but in the time it took to do that, another defender would be right behind the first one or check the striker off the ball. It was only the 17th goal that Shooters had conceded in 16 games--and the 8th goal White Eagles have given up in 14 games. I suppose I shouldn't have expected a 5-5 tie!

I felt the Shooters had the advantage over White Eagles in the second half but a tie was a fair result. This was a battle before the 1st and 2nd place teams in the league. The result does more good for White Eagles as they stay two points up on the Shooters and have two games in hand.

I was asking around about what happened in the Friday night game in Hamilton between Hamilton Croatia and Toronto Croatia that is not updated on the CSL website yet. Apparently Antonio Zupan of Hamilton Croatia had picked up his second Yellow card at the end of the first half (Zupan played last year for Toronto Croatia last year) and either pushed or punched referee Gianni Facchini (he was a spectator at today's game but I missed getting his side at the end of the game). Facchini then stopped the game and no second half was played. As Toronto Croatia had a 1-0 lead when this happened, it would seem easiest if Toronto was given the win. There's a new schedule with seven rescheduled games. Toronto Croatia is only playing their 12th game today whereas some teams have played 16 or 17 already. Toronto Croatia are also going to British Columbia to represent the CSL against a BC league. They always leave the Labour Day weekend open to play at a Croatian cultural tournament usually in the USA. The league will decide the result later this week.

Rocket Robin

robing@eol.ca

Sunday, August 15

There were four games in the CSL tonight:

York Region Shooters 1, Serbian White Eagles 1

Brantford Galaxy 4, North York Astros 1

Toronto Croatia 1, TFC Academy 0 - Game abandoned at 38 minutes due to lightning. To be replayed.

FC Hamilton Croatia vs. Milltown FC - Postponed due to wet ground conditions. To be re-scheduled.

Stan Adamson

Canadian Soccer League

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

now two more games to reschedule.

Facchini then stopped the game and no second half was played. As Toronto Croatia had a 1-0 lead when this happened, it would seem easiest if Toronto was given the win.

RR, the key here is "Facchini then stopped the game" meaning the first half had not been completed, CSL ruling is that a half must be fully completed for the result to stand, therefore it is not about the "easiest" thing to do but the right thing to do. If the CSL follow their rules then the game must be replayed. It is only fair to FC Hamilton Croatia, Toronto Croatia and the fans that attended (well over 1,000) that the game be replayed.

Facchini then stopped the game and no second half was played. As Toronto Croatia had a 1-0 lead when this happened, it would seem easiest if Toronto was given the win.

RR, the key here is "Facchini then stopped the game" meaning the first half had not been completed, CSL ruling is that a half must be fully completed for the result to stand, therefore it is not about the "easiest" thing to do but the right thing to do. If the CSL follow their rules then the game must be replayed. It is only fair to FC Hamilton Croatia, Toronto Croatia and the fans that attended (well over 1,000) that the game be replayed.

Exactly!!

You guys realize that you're relying on 4th-hand information for your assessment? As much as I enjoy Robin's reports, I doubt that his transcription of notes from "asking around" at a totally unrelated game would be considered legitimate evidence for this case.

Let the league do its investigation.

You guys realize that you're relying on 4th-hand information for your assessment? As much as I enjoy Robin's reports, I doubt that his transcription of notes from "asking around" at a totally unrelated game would be considered legitimate evidence for this case.

Let the league do its investigation.

L.T. ,Robin's information is 100% accurate.I was at that game and saw everything.To bad that this is going to end

Zupan soccer career in Canada.He made a big mistake but i must say he was in my point of view provoked by the ref.

This wasn't the first time that ref was asking for it .

Can't remeber against which team Hammer Cro played,but after one of the tackles ,ref went into our defenders face

and started screaming at him.I never saw something like that in my life.From the stands it looked like

the ref wants to fight him because he just fouled opposing player.

To be honest with you ,most refs in the CSL are a joke,especially the " blindsmen" :))

Ref called the game one minute to early and in my oppinion he called it because

of the incident and not because of the half time

Result of the Friday August 13th CSL game between Portugal FC and TFC Academy played at Lamport Stadium in Toronto at 8:00pm.

43 min...TFCA Tristan Jackman GOAL...TFCA Arthur Casupanan cornerkick from left has PFC goalie blocked by a TFCA player planted at 5 yards so he can only punch ball downward. Jackman gets to rebound and he boots 7 yard shot from left into top left corner of net over defender guarding post.

58 min...TFCA Dino Gardner GOAL...Gardner on run takes 25 yard blast from right into low left corner of net beyond diving goalie Quillan Roberts as ball dips below him.

84 min...PFC Adrian Pena on give and go on rush into box up middle has TFCA Arthur Casupanan slide from behind to trip him at 4 yards. Referee Sylviu Petrescu calls for a Penalty kick.

85 min...PFC Adrian Pena GOAL...Pena blasts Penalty kick off bar as goalie Angelo Cavalluzzo dives to right post. Pena waits for rebound that deflects back to him and he heads 6 yarder that bounces into left corner of net beyond goalie and TFCA Jordan Murrell racing over to cover.

86 min...TFCA Joshua Janniere GOAL...Janniere run down field on right and gets centering pass and shoots 5 yard low shot from right into short side corner of net between post and goalie.

Final Score:.......Portugal FC........1..............TFC Academy...........3..............

Attendance was about 150 on this hot, humid, overcast evening. It eventually climbed another 50 at the very end as another permit group waited to take to the field to play after this game.

Portugal FC president Isac Cambas confirmed after the game that goalie Quillan Roberts is only 15 years old. The team decided to use him Cambas said after they went to Montreal last week and he played very well and shut out the Impact Academy 2-0. Regular goalie Mike Silva was on the bench tonight. I feel he could have stopped any or all of these goals.

Portugal FC could easily have built up a lead in the first half but for all their missed opportunities of inaccurate shooting. The Academy goalie before the half was key to building up team confidence. Their third goal scored within a minute of the lone PFC goal killed any chance of a comeback for Portugal.

The Academy are getting by without Matt Stinson, Brendan McNicoll, and Allando Mattheson who have left the team for scholarships. Defender Doneil Henry was also not in tonight's lineup. Their places are filled by Junior Academy players that were inserted into the lineup and last night the moves were flawless.

Sylviu Petrescu continues to referee a few CSL games as well as being an MLS referee. PA announcer Ennio found out he'll be the referee for the Toronto FC vs Cruz Azul (of Mexico) in the CONCACAF championship group game at BMO Field on Tuesday night rather than a more (in visiting team theory) 'neutral' referee from the USA. Tonight he gave out a few cards in a not too rough game between two well disciplined teams.

This game was broadcast on Rogers Community channel. In the last few weeks there was a rumour that City of Toronto was only going to let Rogers have one hour before the game started to enter the stadium and set up their mobile equipment which Rogers said they couldn't do in that short period of time but it looks like for now the problem has been resolved. Now the latest news is there will be no more television broadcasts from London for either 1. the same set-up rules, 2. not enough fans, or 3. the channel has enough commitments in covering the local baseball team in the playoffs. I'll have to look over the Rogers London television schedule to see if broadcasts are shown (London City didn't play last night).

Tonight's win jumps TFCA Academy two spots into 3rd place. Five teams have broken away (by at least six points) from the rest of the thirteen team league. Portugal FC are that 6th place team for now but could get knocked down by other results later this weekend.

Rocket Robin

robing@eol.ca

Hey Rocket Robin,

Rogers will play London City games on Saturday at 8pm for the friday game.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't see this myself but someone mentioned it to me.

FIFA LOTG:

• The player taking the penalty kick must kick the ball forward

• He must not play the ball again until it has touched another player

Should have been no goal?

Archived