Toronto's nightlife blamed for Rap's failure

kyam

They've been there and loved it, with reason. People who come to Montreal don't want to leave, and often prolong their stay (ask TFC travelling fans) While people who travel to Toronto can't wait to get the hell out ( Ask Montreal travelling fans).

Toronto is a great city, but there is nothing that distinguishes it from other great North American cities. Name me one Food product thats unique to Toronto?

High school field trips and midweek same day bus trips hardly count.

People don't have to like everything. But it's always like this, exception after exception to prove desperately something is better.

Anyone who truly knows both cities can argue for the merits of both. There are a lot of reasons I would say Montreal is a better city overall, but it wouldn't be because of a bagel shop and my favorite bar. Those are the arguments you hear in Montreal which are laughable and sadly, seemingly endless.

High school field trips and midweek same day bus trips hardly count.

People don't have to like everything. But it's always like this, exception after exception to prove desperately something is better.

Anyone who truly knows both cities can argue for the merits of both. There are a lot of reasons I would say Montreal is a better city overall, but it wouldn't be because of a bagel shop and my favorite bar. Those are the arguments you hear in Montreal which are laughable and sadly, seemingly endless.

Just keep on coming in droves, it's good for the economy.

Just keep on coming in droves, it's good for the economy.

Dude, I wish there was a high speed train!

Can you imagine Toronto to Montreal in under two hours! That would be awesome.

I really do miss the city. I am looking forward to spending some time there this summer, even if it is with Grizzly.

They've been there and loved it, with reason. People who come to Montreal don't want to leave, and often prolong their stay (ask TFC travelling fans) While people who travel to Toronto can't wait to get the hell out ( Ask Montreal travelling fans).

When I visited Montreal from Toronto, I knew I wanted to live there @ some point, so eventually I moved to Montreal. Great decision, I had a great time. However, to your point, I agree that more Torontonians travel to Montreal for short-trips, than vice-versa

However, from all the people I've known, there also seems to be lot more Montrealers that move and settle in Toronto permanently, than the other way around. I believe theirs stats to prove this too in an article from Canadian Journal of Economics that I read in another life. Apparently Toronto isn't nice enough to travel to, but its certainly nice enough to move to permanently. Go figure!

Toronto is a great city, but there is nothing that distinguishes it from other great North American cities. Name me one Food product thats unique to Toronto?

LOL, thats exactly what I said when I first moved to Toronto. What makes it distinct? Vancouver has its ocean & NW style of cooking. Montreal has its Poutine and Montreal Smoke meat. What does Toronto have?

Well I discovered Back-bacon sandwich, made famous at the St. Lawrence Market. Sliced back-bacon piled 2-3 inches thick on a Kaiser with Mustard. Unbelievably good, and indigenous to Southern Ontario, most consumed in Toronto.

However, the best part of Toronto's food scene is that u can get authentic food from virtually anywhere in the world. Other cities in Canada are also diverse, but Toronto takes it to another level that u just cant find anywhere else in Canada if not the World.

Vancouver's night life is worse than both cities... because our natural scenery is such that we don't need to hide inside dank pits run by dodgy promoters in order to have a good time. :P

Funny, I'm still new to Ottawa, so half the people I know are people like myself. From outta town. Many are SFU Graduates from Vancouver that came here for their co-op's and decided to stay and work F/T.

However, these same people visit Toronto or Montreal, cause they feel the nightlife in both cities resemble Vancouver's! I certainly had a great time when I visit my cousins in VanCity... The scenary is great in all of BC, but I don't travel half way across the country for the scenary.

PEI & Halifax is much closer and also has great scenary and ocean, but lacks the sophisticated urban landscape that Vancouver has.

Vancouver's night life is worse than both cities... because our natural scenery is such that we don't need to hide inside dank pits run by dodgy promoters in order to have a good time. :P

Promoter(s)? As in plural? You mean more than one group owns all the clubs in Vancouver? LOL

Funny, I'm still new to Ottawa, so half the people I know are people like myself. From outta town. Many are SFU Graduates from Vancouver that came here for their co-op's and decided to stay and work F/T.

However, these same people visit Toronto or Montreal, cause they feel the nightlife in both cities resemble Vancouver's! I certainly had a great time when I visit my cousins in VanCity... The scenary is great in all of BC, but I don't travel half way across the country for the scenary.

PEI & Halifax is much closer and also has great scenary and ocean, but lacks the sophisticated urban landscape that Vancouver has.

Some friends just moved to Ottawa. I have been there a couple of times, but only short stays. I thought it was nice, but I was lurking about all the touristy places during the tulip festival.

Stupid Dutch, why not send us coaches instead of flowers.

Some friends just moved to Ottawa. I have been there a couple of times, but only short stays. I thought it was nice, but I was lurking about all the touristy places during the tulip festival.

Stupid Dutch, why not send us coaches instead of flowers.

Ottawa is fun during Canada Day and the Blues Fest (its really a Rock Fest... they had KISS featured last year)... The Tulip Festival? Honestly, I barely even notice its on. Lots of tourists tend to like it, but it doesn'T resonate much with Ottawans. You gotta stay in the Market or Elgin St for nightlife, but outside these two, relatively small areas, its a quiet town.

Outside the touristy area, Ottawa's really 1 "giant" suburb... I believe more people live in Missisauga than Ottawa core. If you include Gatineau (Quebec), Kanata, Barrhaven and Orleans, Ottawa has 1.4 million people... but Ottawa proper only has 700 000 (Missisauga alone with over 1 million people)... hense, the very big smalltown analogy

But it has tons of bike paths, canal, parks, soccer pitches, baseball diamonds, greenspace etc... In fact, most the Vancouverites I know feel the Greenspace in OTtawa is comparable to Vancouver, but not the nightlife.

Archived