NYRB 4 TFC 0 (Friendly)

loyola

http://web.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20100227&content_id=8535336&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

Toronto FC first half line up:

Frei, Gargan, Garcia, Harden, Joseph, De Rosario, Cronin, de Guzman, Brennan, Bajic, Ijeh

Toronto FC second half line up:

Frei, Wynne, Gomez, Harden (Gala), Joseph, Kayizzi, de Guzman, Cronin, De Rosario (Saric), White, Gerba

Note that JDG received a second half red card after a hard tackle on Angel.

"First Juan Pablo Angel headed in a corner from trailist Joel Lindpere in the 32nd minute, and Angel doubled the Red Bulls lead with his second goal of the night in the 37th minute from a cross by Roy Miller...Conor Chinn headed in a fourth for New York in the 85th minute."

From the report sounds like Toronto's defense was getting dominated in the air. Well at least Garcia's there to shore up the back line :S

Oh, TFC was just destroyed over the top, Nana definitely looks better at CB and seemed to help settle the back line down when he moved over from the RB spot. Garcia is trash this guy can not track a ball in the air and could jump a 1 foot hurdle.; he needs to go before he starts losing the team handfuls of points. A CB is definitely where someone needs to be added. Nana, Gomez and Harden should be fine for one half of that equation, but someone who can play every game and every minute as a leader in the CB spot is a must if TFC wants to do any damage in the MLS. Kayizzi and Gargan I think will be added to the squad. Gargan could be the answer for a band-aid at RB till Herold is ready and allow us to sell/trade Wynne.

People have thrown around the possibility Robinson as a CB personally I think it's a great idea that should be at least experimented with by Preki. I like what TFC has put together, so far, they are just a few moves away from being a solid MLS squad.

I don't get too excited about the results of these pre-season exhibition games.

Yeah i mostly agree, the only point of contention I'd have right now is that we have a walking, talking pylon at CB while the we left a local player who can fill that spot out in the cold (not that he's perfect, but he's about 100x better than the alternative).

But otherwise i'd say RBNY started pre-season before everybody else and is much far ahead of the pack in terms of form. Not terribly suprising, we'll see if it pays off in the regular season.

Archived